The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Watts linkWatts and torque arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
...until you add throttle.

It's my opinion that throttle sensitivity is greater affected by the trailing arm geometry/squat/roll steer properties. I regularly drive two cars that are essentially setup opposite in this regard. Makes a huge difference in how the throttle can be applied.

In general, the lower rear roll center *adds* rear lateral grip.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I would agree with you on both counts. It's not a lack of grip induced by throttle. It's that with the combination of watts and control arms, you get enough grip at those levels that when you apply power it will rotate the car without blowing the tires off.

TMO Supporting Vendors