The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What are you track junkies using for seats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks Guys, Decided to try to find an Ergo2 to try out, I tried the Cobra Seats "Suzuka" is an awesome fit for those with a 36"-38" waist, they are very nice compared to my old Sparco Pro 2000. The Cobra was a better fit than the EVO2 for me, very comfy and a fabric that breaths better, wears better IMO. Also a Kevlar seat vs. fiberglass, stronger and a tad lighter with a similar price point.

Bought that one in 1995 and now getting my arse out, is like pulling a champaign cork from a bottle ( 32" back then" . Why is it when you get older things expand, the good hair falls out and you grow hair in places that you never did before?.

Also found a seat mount vendor. Google "Planted Seat Mounts".

So my list is :

Seat decision finalists
- Planted Mustang adapter
- Slider form Sparco or Cobra
- Side mounts
- Belt Clips from Cooltech, allows, use of factory seat bets and track belts with no muss no fuss. Even on the planted bracket.
- Belts form Cooltech ( Crow modified to reduce unnecessary length, Nice Boss Garnish, good looking Boss cam lock) The 3" works fine with my Hans, so no worries about the bib overall belts.
- Hardware for Sliders and Side mounts , you would think that would be included. But ask, mine was quoted as not. If you grind they will toss it in.

So for those looking plan on about $1,800-$1900 all said and done , with all the hardware , mounting, brackets , clips and belts. This woud be a first class set up. THere are less expensive seats that will shave a couple hundred for the mal-nourished crowd, or those that don't mind a bit heavier seat. I did have Corbeau in my old C5 Zo6 and really liked it a lot. I was way cheaper, had a metal frame, but did the trick. Never regretted it at all. That is an option to save even more. Might get away with $1400-$1500 that way.

Soap Box Time: After 30 years of road racing , I can say the seat is one of the first things I do to go faster, more time than long tubes and a lot simpler. The read you get with a good purpose built seat does wonders for your driving butt sensors.

My instructor advise has been the same for 20 years. Stole that form a great instructor that has since passed. Sometimes you just have to pass on eternal wisdom. Gary is likely smiling because I am about to write the following:

ORDER OF MODS FOR FASTER LAP TIMES......

Belts
Alignment
Tires
Seat

Seat Time or a good school. A 3 day school is worth about 3-5 seconds every time. Even though we drive mustangs, Spring Mountain in Parhump has the best deal and best course I have seen.
Barber #2, #3 Fast Lane at Willow Springs (if you drive 2.o l cars) #4 Bondurant - Do not assume it is last place offering, the track is just not as typical IMO. Bob's guys are great. But the rest are track situations we are more likely too encounter.

Let someone fast drive your car and set a bench mark.

When you match or beat ...add Mo power !

Till then you are wasting you time.

Is that the Sparco Ergo2 you are going with? I see the Ergo on their website but not the Ergo2. If yes, why not go with Sparco's mount? Curious why you are thinking of the "Planted Seat Mount" Also when I did a search of the planted seat mount the closest match I found is below. Is that what you are going with?

http://www.plantedtechnology.com

The Planted brackets are great, they are over built and heavier than I thought they would be. Considering the role it serves the extra beef is worth it. I have 2 of these in my car with Sparco side mounts and Sparco Circuit seats. The base works fine for either a Sparco slider or direct side bracket mount. We did Gary's last year with a slider and it works great. I skipped the sliders to mount the seats as low as possible in mine and used hardened cap screws, fender washers, and nuts to bolt it up. A little trial and error for everything to be adjusted in a comfortable spot and it's worked great.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel