The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What brake fluid flushing unit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Motive kit looks nice but seems to be manufacturer specific. I've got my daily driver, a 2007 Honda Accord with 143,000 miles that could obviously use a full flush. If I'm reading their product information correctly I need different brake bleeder adapter for different brands of vehicles. To expound on my original question, which unit that will work well on multiple manufacturers vehicles?

The Mityvac seems to get mixed reviews. Quite a few low ratings but it seems like something that would fit the bill for me as a general maintenance item for multiple brands of auto. Some of the poor reviews about it's construction scare me.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I have a motiv unit. Could never get it to work.
Somewhere I have a fancy snap-on unit that sucks the fluid out.
It works great but by the time I set it up and then add in the clean up time it’s faster just to pump the brakes into a bottle.
Old skool, I know….but it works every time and fits any car. Lol.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
This is what I use.
I put the tube over the bleeder and crack the bleeder while someone else pumps the pedal. What I like about this system is the ability to see the color of the fluid as it comes out. I normally see brown(ish) fluid when I start and then as the new fluid pushed through it goes clear. Not fancy, it just works. No drip pan needed. You can usually see bubbles through the tubing.
1658930930062.png

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
The Motive kit looks nice but seems to be manufacturer specific. I've got my daily driver, a 2007 Honda Accord with 143,000 miles that could obviously use a full flush. If I'm reading their product information correctly I need different brake bleeder adapter for different brands of vehicles. To expound on my original question, which unit that will work well on multiple manufacturers vehicles?
The motive has a quick connect similar to an air hose inline. You just buy the adaptors you need to fit the brake reservoirs of the cars you have.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Went to Harbor Freight and got the Mityvac MV8000 kit. I wanted to keep it reasonable. Did my Aunt's 93 LX with the 5.0 high output and my 93 Cobra with it. Worked like a charm. Thanks all for weighing in.
I hope it works for you. I have a mityvac as well, but don't like it for brake flushes. It is great for bleeding the clutch though.

The motive unit has a line going to the cap, you can disconnect it and use a cap for whatever car you want to use it on. Just rig it up like the one they sell you for the Mustang.

They sell different caps, but I'm not sure for all models, definitely a cheap work around though if you want it to work for all of your vehicles.

TMO Supporting Vendors