The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What is a 1970 Boss 302 survivor car worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
There's one being auctioned near me this morning, 70,000 miles. VIN number indicates it is a Boss according to the VIN decoder I found. Going to go see what it brings. It looks and is held out to be original. It needs TLC though nothing major from the photos. They are also auctioning a 1968 GT500KR, 428 4 speed, same general condition 61500 miles but it's been hit in the front end, not a hard hit but needs bumper, nose piece, grille, hood looks OK.
Oh, and some other thing, a 1971 Road Runner 440 4 speed. Not a Mustang so not interested.

How much are you willing to pay? ;) I'm no expert on old Mustangs but it will be worth more if it has the original engine block.

A good friend of mine is the second owner of a 1969 Mach 1 428 CJ R code. He's owned it since 1989 and purchased it directly from the original owner and has all the original paperwork. He monitors the value closely and from a recent conversation the value of his car is down and looking soft. So maybe the one you're looking at will go for a reasonable price. Good luck!

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
LOL! I'm already the owner of 1 too many Mustangs according to some people, and I've still got (mostly) stock exhaust! I'm just going to see these two Mustangs sell out of interest in the brand. It looks pretty original to me and is purported to be so, but who knows?

a 1971 Road Runner 440 4 speed.
Back in the day.."68-"70, everybody had something to sell you and most were pretty good!...After '70, things took a down swing with gov't regs and Ins hikes kicking in. This new age of muscle is impressive, to say the least!!!!!!!!!!Way back when, A friend of mine had a "69 Coronet RT 440 Magnum 4 spd...My "68 Olds 442 had a hard tyme keeping up...........

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
So the Shelby sold for $100K even, the Boss 302 $64K and the Road Runner went for $45K, Canadian bucks so what's that, about $500 bucks US?:)

Seriously though, I was very surprised at those prices since the two Mustangs both needed a lot of work, they were much rougher than the pictures showed. The Boss had a pop bottle of gas sitting in the engine room with about a foot of hose to the fuel pump! It had a lot of obvious issues with the body and the interior needed a complete do over. And the Shelby was in even worse shape. The Road Runner seemed to be in better shape, but clearly not nearly as much interest in it as the two 'stangs. Ton of people there.

TMO Supporting Vendors