The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wheel hubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
I need to get new front wheel hubs because the passenger side is bad. My question is, is there a difference between the OEM Motorcraft HUB-18, and the Ford Performance M-1104-A, besides the ARP studs? So not considering the studs, what’s the difference between the actual hub assembly and bearings, if there is any?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Langley, BC
Should be same. I usually buy the OEM hubs & press the ARP Studs in. I have two sets in rotation at all times as I go through these often. I used to buy the FRPP kit, but once you have two sets of the studs its easier to buy just the OE hubs and swap studs over. New nut sometimes too and make sure to check the torque on that one and mark it.
Wonder if there is just the bearing we could buy and rebuild the hubs, also perhaps using a more skookum bearing & grease?
Least Ford made it as easy as taking off the wheels to swap these out.
Here are the PNs
Front ARP - ARP 100-7722
OEM 11-14 Hubs - 4R3Z1104B
Nut - W710084-S439

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Should be same. I usually buy the OEM hubs & press the ARP Studs in. I have two sets in rotation at all times as I go through these often. I used to buy the FRPP kit, but once you have two sets of the studs its easier to buy just the OE hubs and swap studs over. New nut sometimes too and make sure to check the torque on that one and mark it.
Wonder if there is just the bearing we could buy and rebuild the hubs, also perhaps using a more skookum bearing & grease?
Least Ford made it as easy as taking off the wheels to swap these out.
Here are the PNs
Front ARP - ARP 100-7722
OEM 11-14 Hubs - 4R3Z1104B
Nut - W710084-S439
Thank you, what I needed to know

Exp. Type
Circle Track
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
usa
I need to get new front wheel hubs because the passenger side is bad. My question is, is there a difference between the OEM Motorcraft HUB-18, and the Ford Performance M-1104-A, besides the ARP studs? So not considering the studs, what’s the difference between the actual hub assembly and bearings, if there is any?
No difference. I bought a low mile knuckle/spindle with the hub for $75 off Ebay for my 2013 Boss 302 and it came off a 2014 mustang GT and fit perfectly. The spindle was bent from an accident and a new one was $285.00..... $75 was a steal and they usually last over 100k miles.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You can get the Ford Performance Hubs from site Sponsor " Capaldi Racing ," and from what I understand they actually make them for Ford Performance - PS they are on Sale now.

OP Mustang ( another site Sponsor ) makes a solid race set of hubs also , so that is another choice.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel