The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SN95 Wheel weight (22lb vs 27lb)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Clarksville, TN
I'm looking to go with a square set up on my car as previously mentioned. It's been difficult finding a matching 17x9 black bullitt wheel, and to be honest they are on the heavier side and I have always liked the 95 Cobra R wheel.

Here is my dilemma. The SVE Cobra R replica's from LMR weigh in at 22 lbs, but they are on a 10 week back order. Or, I can get them from Replica Wheels right now, but they weigh in at over 27lbs.

How big of a deal is that? Is the 4 lb per wheel weight difference enough of a reason to hold off?

I really wish 18 inch tires were so much more expensive, cause damn there are some really nice 18 inch wheel options. More money spent on rubber means less money for track days though, so it's a better bet to stick with 17's.

Thoughts?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well the main thing is the 5 lbs per wheel instead of 4 puts you at 20 extra pounds of unsprung weight and I am a big fan of reducing weight on any car when you can --- easier on everything.I would look into mikeD4V's note as dropping 40 pounds is huge and the price seems quite good.

TMO Supporting Vendors