The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Whiteline Rear Swaybar? Yes or No

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
At the moment I'm running stock suspension on my '07 other than the Whiteline front sway bar. Tomorrow I'm changing out all the rear control arms and was going to put on the Whiteline rear swaybar too. I've read through the threads about going to a square setup from the stock staggered setup and people run a smaller rear bar or no rear bar but my V6 was square from the factory. I'm trying to decide if I should put the bigger rear sway bar on or not. I was think softest setting on rear and go stiffer in the front until it feels balanced. Is this the wrong approach? I'm running 18x11's with 315 BFG Rivals.

Utah
Cars that run the soft (18mm) bar like mine usually have stiff springs, coilovers and stuff. I am 550lbs front and 250lbs rear. I think with your stock suspension you should try the stiffer rear bar. If it is adjustable, put it in the medium setting and adjust for balance after getting it on track. How balanced is the car now? Love the big tires BTW. I am looking at graduating to 18x11 here shortly!

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Rear bars in general aren't nearly as effective as the front bar in terms of roll stiffness, so it's probably better to find a front bar setting first (most likely for basic roll control) and fine-tune the balance to your own preferences by adjusting the rear bar. But don't take that as encouragement to focus on reducing as much roll as possible just to reduce it.

I'm not familiar with the Whiteline bars, but if the front bar is of comparable stiffness to other adjustable front bars it would make sense that the rear bar would have to be at least generally comparable in terms of roll resistance even though it mounts up much differently.

Relative to a V8 car, and particularly with respect to a Coyote-powered car, you should be able to tune your stock/stockish sixxer car for a slightly "looser" handling balance.

Norm

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors