The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

WI / IL area track days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Wisconsin
What's up everybody. New here, took the Mustang plunge last year when I fell in love with the Bullitt. Quickly realized cruisimg the street wasn't going to cut it. I'm in SE Wisconsin outside Milwaukee (a little over an hour from both Road America and Blackhawk Farms. 2hrs+ from Autobahn CC.

I've lined up 2 track days so far and want to get 2-3 more scheduled. Anyone in the area or interested let me know. Got 2 non mustang friends doing Road America with me already in August. More the merrier.

Google sheet of full range of dates in looking at:
Road America, BHF, Autobahn open track days

Confirmed:
Wednesday, April 27th: BlackHawk Farms
Monday, August 1st: Road America

Tentative:
Saturday - Sunday April 23-24 Road America via Northwoods Shelby Club "Spring Fling"

Friday - Sunday June 24 - 26th Road America via NWSC

Saturday July 30th BlackHawk Farms via RevMatch Racing

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Of the three tracks mentioned, RA and Autobahn are the ones I like to run. BHF is less than an hour from my home but lack much of what RA and Autobahn offer. RA will cost you brakes. There’re are three braking zones where you will likely enter at 130+ and slow down to 60 or less. The extreme heat followed by cooling on the next straight wear brakes….fast. Autobahn full has speed and technical areas, fun to run. Not as hard on equipment as RA. If you can fit a trip to Joliet into your plans, it’s worth the trip.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Wisconsin
Of the three tracks mentioned, RA and Autobahn are the ones I like to run. BHF is less than an hour from my home but lack much of what RA and Autobahn offer. RA will cost you brakes. There’re are three braking zones where you will likely enter at 130+ and slow down to 60 or less. The extreme heat followed by cooling on the next straight wear brakes….fast. Autobahn full has speed and technical areas, fun to run. Not as hard on equipment as RA. If you can fit a trip to Joliet into your plans, it’s worth the trip.
Thanks TMS. That's what I've heard re RA. Swapping in race spec fluid for that obviously and have been warned in general terms about the brake wear. Should I just expect to have to replace rotors after a day up there (3 sessions @ 20min each).

I’ll be more than likely heading to RA for the Shelby spring fling Saturday only then I have to see what the summer brings (wife is pregnant) so I’ll have to feel it out but did you buy this car from Boucher vw in Franklin????

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Wisconsin
I’ll be more than likely heading to RA for the Shelby spring fling Saturday only then I have to see what the summer brings (wife is pregnant) so I’ll have to feel it out but did you buy this car from Boucher vw in Franklin????
The car I found in Ohio, went for a low miles one. 3xx miles on it. And I hear you on the wife, I'm in a similar boat come Fall. Where about in WI are you? I'm in New Berlin (SE WI).

Spring fling is definitely tempting!

I’m your Neighbore In muskego lol my wife is due in august this is our third one so time is a little tight I don’t have as much time As I used to. Especially seeing as our older one is starting to do activities but it’s not all bad he seems interested in karting so we will see

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Wisconsin
I’m your Neighbore In muskego lol my wife is due in august this is our third one so time is a little tight I don’t have as much time As I used to. Especially seeing as our older one is starting to do activities but it’s not all bad he seems interested in karting so we will see
Excellent! Hope to see you out there! I sometimes hit up the cars and coffee in Wales too.

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Should I just expect to have to replace rotors after a day up there (3 sessions @ 20min each).
The best answer I have for you is....Maybe. Doubtful but maybe. Do you have any brake cooling mods? Are you an aggressive breaker? Condition of brakes before event?
Have you had any instruction? Schools, track days with an instructor? RA may not be the best first day track. Learning on a "Slower" track may be beneficial.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Wisconsin
RA won't be my first. BHF will be in April, then 1 or 2 more before August. RA also has an in-car instructor (at least for 1 session) for the novice group. Not trying to be a hero 😎, just trying to estimate expenses.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
McHenry, IL
Im in northern IL, Milwaukee Mile has been a blast and the first track I ran. The Milwaukee SCCA group are a great bunch of folks, attended their RA event as well for the first time. Threw some Raybestos on and let it rip. All I can say is wow, try it at least once. BH was fun too. I haven’t made it to Autobahn yet. If the weather permits I’ll definitely run all those again.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Wisconsin
Im in northern IL, Milwaukee Mile has been a blast and the first track I ran. The Milwaukee SCCA group are a great bunch of folks, attended their RA event as well for the first time. Threw some Raybestos on and let it rip. All I can say is wow, try it at least once. BH was fun too. I haven’t made it to Autobahn yet. If the weather permits I’ll definitely run all those again.
Yeah the Milwaukee Mile track day website has the dates but doesn't seem to be actively registering. I'll keep an eye out. It's like 20min from me so I'm definitely interested.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Wisconsin
I’d love to make it to BH this year but the only dates I see are for weekdays and I really don’t get weekdays off in the summer. Autobahn would be really cool though
There's a Saturday July 30 and Saturday/Sunday August 20-21 that I know of for BHF.

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
On the BHF site, check the “Schedule” bar not the track day bar. They list only “Their” track days under trackdays. Events run by others, which is most of the events, are listed under schedule.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors