The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Wide wheel contact on a S197 only in tight turn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Spanish Fort, AL
Last weekend I drove at Barber with Rezoom Motorsports HDPE. I've been tracking my 2013 Brembo GT for over seven years now; it has a fresh motor with 2018 manifold and L&M cams, Cortex Racing Koni 500# coilovers and 250# springs in rear. For the first time I installed my Apex ET52 EC7 18 x 11 wheels and 305 Pirelli DH slicks. The extra width and grip was awesome; however in turn 5 (tight off camber U-turn) I smoked the rear tires trying to accelerate earlier. I thought it was tire spin but I see rub marks on the insides of both rear slicks. I tried a 3/16" spacer on both sides but it didn't seem to help. Is it simply the rear axle moving on the panhard bar? Any solutions?

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thats strange... I have the same coilovers and have gone upto 320 without any rubbing. Silly question, but I have to ask. Did you install the rears inverted as per instructions??? Have seen them installed the otherway around which could explain the rubbing issue. Easy to do!

TMO Supporting Vendors