The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter Mods 2014/2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok the track and car show season is winding down and it's time to start thinking about mods for next season. What do you have planned for this winter? New wheels and tires, engine, suspension, stereo upgrade?

post-12487-0-48368600-1321622871.jpg

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Did the full interior gut this weekend and installing the full halo seats plus the six point belts from Pete. Full cage and fire suppression are next hoping to have those in by this time next year

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
GT/CS fog lights on the ghig and reduce the rattle from the blowfish shifter fix.
Ls rear wing and 2013 shelby rear exhaust
Fix the belt helper on passenger side
Oil and filter change with frpp oilfilter and mobile1 5w50

Stereo upgrade on the sby ls

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
A "Mustang Clubs Racing Team" graphics package with round logo and flag for the rear quarter panels.

2HP

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
They would look good together, but the MCRT has history and was used on the 1969 Boss program cars. I have a 12, so it should look nice with the C stripe.

Do you sell BMO graphics?
2HP

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Roll cage and corresponding rear seat delete
6-pt harnesses
Fix the rear brake issue (believe bent axle)
New helmet
HANS device

Possible other projects
Make CF or fiberglass hood
If ^ goes well, CF or fiberglass rear wing
If ^ goes well, CF or fiberglass trunk

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Roadmap:

December:
Aluminator NA shortblock 11:1
Moroso Road Race oil pan
Fresh FRPP BOSS valve springs
Watson Racing Motor Mounts
MMR Coolant Bridge
MMR billet crank sprocket
Fresh OEM timing chains
Remove AC compressor
EVAP System delete

April:
Dynotech Aluminum DS
302S front LCAs
Prothane front LCA bushings
Lightweight Battery in OEM location
MCS 2-Way non-remote suspension from Vorshlag or JRis from Cortex/Maximum
Remove stock door beams
Re-Corner Balance & Align

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
ArizonaBOSS said:
Roadmap:

December:
Aluminator NA shortblock 11:1
Moroso Road Race oil pan
Fresh FRPP BOSS valve springs
Watson Racing Motor Mounts
MMR Coolant Bridge
MMR billet crank sprocket
Fresh OEM timing chains
Remove AC compressor
EVAP System delete

February/March:
Dynotech Aluminum DS
302S front LCAs
Prothane front LCA bushings
Lightweight Battery in OEM location
MCS 2-Way non-remote suspension from Vorshlag or JRis from Cortex/Maximum
Remove stock door beams
Re-Corner Balance & Align

Just curious why you don't relocate the battery to the trunk? With your interior out that shouldn't be difficult.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Flyboygsxr said:
Just curious why you don't relocate the battery to the trunk? With your interior out that shouldn't be difficult.

We did that (relocation) in our LeMons car and we have added about 30 lbs overall weight of heavy-gauge wire to accomplish that.
Going to lightweight battery in the stock location drops 30 lbs overall, and saves me the purchase of the wire (about $75), and a battery relocation kit ($200-600 depending on source).

ArizonaBOSS said:
We did that (relocation) in our LeMons car and we have added about 30 lbs overall weight of heavy-gauge wire to accomplish that.
Going to lightweight battery in the stock location drops 30 lbs overall, and saves me the purchase of the wire (about $75), and a battery relocation kit ($200-600 depending on source).
I like this strategy and you may recall the first time we met we were told it wasn't worth the effort to relocate it to the trunk. ;)

Tulsa, OK
I've considered relocating the battery too but for the price, hassle, and extra weight I think I'll just add a lightweight battery in the stock location once mine goes bad :p

Have a collection of upgrades in the Basement:

Kooks Long Tube headers (1 7/8") plus Off Road H Pipe
Solid Engine Mounts
Stainless Clutch line

Plan on ordering the Cortex Watts link - will talk to them and Rehagen re weld v's bolt in
Will likely upgrade the Engine Harness -- threw a couple of camshaft position sensor codes during idle at my last track day, but no limp mode yet or codes during hot laps.

TMO Supporting Vendors