The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Winter mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT said:
Took the girl out to LimeRock today, her inagural run with the MGW shifter. Light Years beyond stock, NO blown shifts all day. Huge improvement, should be first on anyones mod list.

(I'm laying it on thick cuz Gary is still waititng for his ;D )
:mad: First track day of the season next Friday and I'm shifterless. Whatever will I do? :D Actually just went out and seasoned my new rotors and ripped effortlessly through the gears even with the stock shifter 8)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
PeteInCT said:
Took the girl out to LimeRock today, her inagural run with the MGW shifter. Light Years beyond stock, NO blown shifts all day. Huge improvement, should be first on anyones mod list.

(I'm laying it on thick cuz Gary is still waititng for his ;D )
I called MGW and they said my shifter wont ship till mid april. I cant wait to get mine. Just sold some cams from my 3v and have some wheels I am going to sell trying to get enough money to get a DSS driveshaft.

DSCN0670.jpg

Sparco Evo Seat / Schroth 6 Point Harness / Cooltech Roll Bar

DSCN0678.jpg

New Pedal Covers and Dead Pedal

DSCN0597.jpg

World Challenge Splitter / Cooltech thermosatically controlled Air-to-Oil Cooler / Tow Hooks / Boss 302S Grill

DSCN0596.jpg

Rear Tow Hook / Laguna Seca Spoiler

And.............

JLT Oil Separator Passenger Side Only / Barton Shifter Bracket / AeroForce Guage

I also did the brake cooling ducts, put on a transmission cooler, Strano Rear Sway bar so I could run a square setup

Not to bad for a "track ready" car...............that I wasn't going to mod ;)

HEY, Does anyone know where I can get one of the "FORD" Drive One rear window banners?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Just ordered some .5mm thick titanium backing plates for the front rotors to (hopefully) quell some of the heat transfer to the fluid, from www.hardbrakes.com.

My dust boots are already roasted, but I have a set of replacement boots that will go in at some point when I rebuild the calipers. In the meantime, we'll see if these plates help at all, or at least give me a little more peace of mind.

If anyone else wants to give em a whirl you can order here: http://hardbrakes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_282_320&products_id=30 I went with the .5mm ones because new pads are a tight fit as-is, and it would be best to have these in-place when bedding new pads, not to mention while on-track.

cloud9 said:
2012YellowBoss said:
LPI now has the metric eye bolts for the shoulder harnesses !
That's a good option for the stock seats. Let me know how they work out with your 6 point as I might order a set for my passenger seat. I have an extra 6 point harness, but wasn't planning on putting the eyebolts in the floor for sub-belts since there's no pass through on that seat. I would like to have the option of using it with the stock seat for the occasional passenger though.

The eye bolts arrived, I was expecting a call from LPI Racing to pay for them but they just sent them no charge. LPI is one of the best places I have had the pleasure to deal with, not because of a couple of "free" eye bolts but they hunted these down overseas for me and the others that could not find them locally.

I have test fitted the bolts to the inside of the seat but did not reinstall the seats yet. From what I can tell they look OK. The bolts going into the rockers would not alow the stock belts freedom to swing. I looked for a sleeve to fit over the eye-bolts but not find anything. Looking around the garage I found that a 1/4 inch 10MM socket would fit over the bolt and inside the seatbelt hole. I cut one up and used them as sleeves and they worked great on the rocker side, allowing the seatbelt to move front and back.

CIMG2883.png
CIMG2885.png

I have cooked my dust boots on both Mustangs. At what point do they need to be replaced? It's just the outer edges. Will be interested to see if they help you.

cloud9 said:
I have cooked my dust boots on both Mustangs. At what point do they need to be replaced? It's just the outer edges. Will be interested to see if they help you.

I've heard different things; replace the dust boots and don't worry about it because Race Calipers don't have dust boots.......

I guess if you drive the car on the street allot it might make sense to replace them but if the car is track focused you always inspect the brakes before an event and clean them (a least I do) it's not so much to worry about......

Boss_302 said:
cloud9 said:

I've heard different things; replace the dust boots and don't worry about it because Race Calipers don't have dust boots.......

I guess if you drive the car on the street allot it might make sense to replace them but if the car is track focused you always inspect the brakes before an event and clean them (a least I do) it's not so much to worry about......
That's what I've thought...and do. Thanks for confirming.

drano38

Wayne
Got my fire extinguisher mount finished up tonight. (I started it during Winter, so I'm grandfathered into the Winter Mod thread, right?).

I used the same mount 5 DOT 0 used in this thread.
https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/fire-extinguisher-mount/
But I added a heavy piece of aluminum angle I had laying around to the back side. I'll sand blast and repaint it later because I banged up the paint in the process.
I also used longer bolts to attach the mount to the car. Since the mount does not sit into the factory bolt pocket, I stacked washers under the mount, and got longer bolts to ensure good thread engagement.
Hope to never use it, but just in case.
Driving to MAM Thursday for the spring opener on Friday.

20120404191841.jpg

ArizonaGT said:
302S grille on the way courtesy of member Boss1 :)

Tiger Hood, G-Stream Wing, WC splitter confirmed into 2013 race car conversion budget...
Rice wing! Now you just need some purple wheels. J/k can't wait to see the wing on your car, unless it shows up on mine first ::)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
That and the fact that they'd laugh you off the track ;D

As a goof, someone should make easily removable window/body stickers (no adhesive residue) of 'ricer' themes that US Musclecar's could put on from time to time to just harasss those boys. Some ideas:

• "Type RK" (rice killer)
  • Call me when your EVO evolves...
  • Does WRX stand for "When Ricers Explode"?

I'm just in an evil mood today... ::)

TMO Supporting Vendors