The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Wrecked 2.0+ Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
Making headway on the engine. Found a broken shifter arm so it looks like an upgrade. An issue with the headers I'm currently working on so I installed some SW long tubes. I don't know how people install the header with the engine in the car. Seems impossible!

IMG_7471.JPG

IMG_7472.JPG

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Had a nice weekend at Willow Springs but back to work. Picked up another one to resurrect. I have most of the parts already from the three other wrecks i have.

View attachment 80687
Dang, I looked at the picture too soon after reading “Had a nice weekend at Willow Springs”. Took me a minute to realize this is a different car unrelated to you weekend, thank goodness! We were over on Streets on Saturday - it was fun standing at the fence by T8 watching all the classic Ford iron roll by.

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
jesus, all i see are money signs flying left and right. what do you do to get all these cars and fix them?

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
someone made good money...

i take classes if youre teaching lol

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Corona, Ca
Finally got some time to pull the drivetrain. Looks like the tranny blew apart causing all if the damage and fire. I'll get picture of the tranny tomorrow.

Soda blasting and hopefully some primer tomorrow.

IMG_1327.JPG

love these cars. i had to adjust the fenders a bit when i first got my GT and I'm pretty impressed at how easily i could get things in the right place.

nice work, man.

TMO Supporting Vendors