The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

You can pry my V8 out of my cold dead HANDS!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’m kinda partial to six cylinder engines myself.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I can't wait to see one on the track with a set of 18x11 Apex rims and 315 BFG force /R1s or Hoosier R7s? Light weight and wide tires, the HPP Ecoboost has the possibility to be a Blue Oval Sleeper!

In the V6L
Just wait for FP to put out a Power Pack that punches it up to 400 HP. Of course, there will complications because it's still a Ford Mustang and not an FP product. For instance, there's a top-speed limiter that kicks in at 115 MPH, little teeny brakes, AdvanceTrak/ABS that's calibrated for skinny all-season tires, engine and driveline cooling systems built for grocery getter service and a host of other limitations.

On the other hand, if FP were to work one of these over and do all the performance stuff right, it'd be a great little high performance platform.

TMO Supporting Vendors