The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

You don't have to wait for MMP, check out the Who's the Boss track experience!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
This is going to be a great event. I may have to attend and hang out with you guys. If you are allowed passengers I can play camera man. ;D It's my birthday the prior weekend so this would be a nice present to myself. I'll have to see when the Track Attack program is in relation to this event before I make any plans.
Passengers will be allowed. Here's George's response:
"Hi,
Yes we make sure we have some sessions for just this! Passengers wear helmets and windows down.
G"

cloud9 said:
"Hi,
Yes we make sure we have some sessions for just this! Passengers wear helmets and windows down.
G"
That is great news about passengers. I really enjoy taking other people out on the track.

Is there a hotel that you recommend or is there going to be a host hotel?

I'm planning on coming as long as I can scrounge up a trailer. ;D

Dean#4AI said:
cloud9 said:
"Hi,
G"
That is great news about passengers. I really enjoy taking other people out on the track.

Is there a hotel that you recommend or is there going to be a host hotel?

I'm planning on coming as long as I can scrounge up a trailer. ;D
He listed Comfort Inn as the host hotel, but when I tried to make a reservation it was booked for the 23-25th. I booked at the Holiday Inn Express which is pretty nice and includes breakfast. Expedia had a rate of $112 non-refundable. I stayed at the Quality Hotel & Convention Center last time and it looks like they are $90/night, but breakfast is not included. They do have a restaurant on site and the eggs benedict are good ;D Their lot is big enough for a trailer as well in case you don't get there in time to drop at the track. The track is right at the edge of town so you're about 5-10 minutes away in either case.

cloud9 said:
He listed Comfort Inn as the host hotel, but when I tried to make a reservation it was booked for the 23-25th. I booked at the Holiday Inn Express which is pretty nice and includes breakfast. Expedia had a rate of $112 non-refundable. I stayed at the Quality Hotel & Convention Center last time and it looks like they are $90/night, but breakfast is not included. They do have a restaurant on site and the eggs benedict are good ;D Their lot is big enough for a trailer as well in case you don't get there in time to drop at the track. The track is right at the edge of town so you're about 5-10 minutes away in either case.

That's strange because I just booked a room at the Comfort Inn and it looked like they had plenty of options. Not sure if they have breakfast there or not.

Dean#4AI said:
That's strange because I just booked a room at the Comfort Inn and it looked like they had plenty of options. Not sure if they have breakfast there or not.
That is weird. I just went back on Expedia and now there are rooms at Comfort Inn. Oh well, good to know. It's not a big city so all the hotels are relatively close.

Listening to that motor revving like that.........................gave me wood!!! ;)

it's only 19 hour drive for me.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This does sound like fun, but 1300 mile is a stretch for a long weekend. If I had the vacation to spare I think it would be an option.

cloud9 said:
suprmn said:
Gary,

As soon as I find out an ETA or take delivery, you know I am in! Not to far from Omaha!
Do you have a build date?

No build date yet.....so it's beginning to really look like the Who's the Boss may be out of the question. However, I am still trying to be hopeful.

I called FCS on Thursday and checked on my order and the changes I had submitted and they told me it was still stating "Material Hold!" But the day before, my salesman said his GM checked on the order and it said "Clean, Unscheduled." I'm not sure how much a difference each one is but no dates on anything!

Okay registration is in the mail. Talked with George Anderson today, what a great guy! This is going to be a fun and fairly inexpensive weekend. Cant wait to push the new boss.... Legally ;D

1TRKMND said:
Okay registration is in the mail. Talked with George Anderson today, what a great guy! This is going to be a fun and fairly inexpensive weekend. Cant wait to push the new boss.... Legally ;D
Outstanding! Can't wait to meet up with you there. What state are you coming from?

cloud9 said:
1TRKMND said:
Outstanding! Can't wait to meet up with you there. What state are you coming from?
I will be driving from the central Iowa region. My father (big fan of the Boss) is coming along for the ride. It is his birthday that weekend and he has no clue I have bought this vehicle. He actually doesn't have a clue what is even going on that weekend. I plan on picking him up in the boss and then heading straight to MPH. Not long now... ETA is showing 8-4 to 8-11! I look forward to meeting you as well!

OK Gary...George here from MPH....Latest update Breaking news 8/4/11.....from Doug"s computer at the Track.....Woodhouse Auto Group is the signature sponsor for the Friday Night IMAX Super Screen Theater reception on the 23rd! Great participation from Ford Motor Company...great news and great people from Ford will be here too......
Will have more updates next week.....Live from Laguna Seca #22 Garage at the Track!
George and Doug

TMO Supporting Vendors