The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

You don't have to wait for MMP, check out the Who's the Boss track experience!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have some exciting news to share. I've been working with George Anderson, President of Motorsports Park Hastings on a brand new Boss Mustang Event. We will be joined by Ford executive Todd Soderquist who was a key member of the Boss team, along with other Boss team members and their own Boss 302s. You've seen Todd featured in the Speed Channel's Boss documentary as well as other Boss videos including this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGOG--hWvVg MPH is Todd's hometown track and I had the privilege of meeting him and chasing each other around the track in early May.

The event will be held the weekend of September 24th and 25th and there's something for everyone! To start, there is an autox on Saturday morning open to everyone. Then on Saturday afternoon and into early evening there will be an HPDE school and open track session. Those new to open tracking will participate in the school combining classroom and on-track training with an instructor. We will have open run groups for experienced drivers to run separately from the school. Saturday Night brings "Night Street Drag Racing" starting at 8PM where you can challenge other Mustangs, or just line up and put your foot to the floor and take a few bye runs on your own. You will also see exhibition runs by #6 2012 CobraJet! Saturday night will also include a BBQ in the clubhouse that is included in the entry fee. Then on Sunday things get really exciting with "Who's The BOSS of the Mustangs" - Timed Racing. The "Top Wrangler" is Awarded to the Best Mustang Drivers! You get all of this for only $249 for the weekend! This is an exceptional value and I'm confident everyone will walk away feeling it was well worth it. The event is open to all Ford Mustangs.

MPH is located in Hastings, NE and opened in 2006. The facility is one of the finest I've seen anywhere. Named by Forbes.com in 2009 as one of the 10 Best places to Speed Legally in America. http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/13/racing-cars-clubs-lifestyle-vehicles_0213_legal_speeding_slide_7.html They really know how to host an event and make it an experience you'll never forget. The track is a challenging 2.15 mile road course and the surface is impeccable. They do an outstanding job of maintaining the track and the entire facility which makes for a truly great experience. You can learn more at www.racemph.com

We will have more details as time goes on including information on how to register. Please post up if you think you can make it so we can get an idea of car count. You'll not only learn more about your car and improve your skills, but also have an opportunity to meet key Boss team members and learn more about the Boss program. Oh, and you can take the opportunity to thank them for giving us such an incredible car! ;D

Here's a cool video of a hot lap in a Boss 302 Laguna Seca at MPH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDYDWkoatJQ

Hastings huh.....not too far away for me! Sounds like a GREAT experiance, I just hope I've got my car by then to join in all the fun.

Thanks for the post Gary!

From the photos and video I've seen it's a terrific facility. Too far for me but good luck and I hope you have a great turnout.

Gary, that is really a great effort on your part to put together such a great event at such an affordable price. I'm planning to get to the Track Attack where I can thrash around cars I don't own.

But as the Boss is my bucket list toy, I'm not planning to subject it to the rigors of the track. I'll drive it, and do so aggressively. But, I plan to have it a long time and be that old fart in 20 years still bopping around in his "vintage" gas powered performance car. Maybe even hand down to one of the kids....

Big time kudos to you for putting that option out there...best of luck. It looks like a real winner!

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
It needs to be in Hastings, Fl.... then we'd be talking. Except it might be awhile because they'd have to build the track first. :D

jimprw said:
But as the Boss is my bucket list toy, I'm not planning to subject it to the rigors of the track. I'll drive it, and do so aggressively. But, I plan to have it a long time and be that old fart in 20 years still bopping around in his "vintage" gas powered performance car. Maybe even hand down to one of the kids....
I plan on being that guy with one big difference. I'm no track rat, in fact I've never tracked a car I own, but I plan on tracking my Boss when it arrives. After all that's what it was built for. The brakes and tires are high wear items when tracking a car but they are easily replaced.

ufnavy06 said:
It needs to be in Hastings, Fl.... then we'd be talking. Except it might be awhile because they'd have to build the track first. :D
C'mon you're already spoiled down there with all the great tracks :D I know this won't be a great option for you guys on the coasts, but it will be great for us in the middle of the country.

GA
cloud9 said:
PJWANNABE said:
I wonder if I can crash the party with my Bullitt. ;)
Absolutely! It's open to ALL Mustangs. Would love to have the Bullitt make an appearance ;)

It would be a haul, but it sounds like a great weekend (more like a 5-6 day deal for me) and a nice track. I'll definitely think about it.

Gary, thanks for putting this together!

Sounds like a great time and you can count on me. I'll end up taking out a loan just to pay for the diesel going out there, 730 miles. :eek:

I'm sure it will be worth it. 8)

Ok guys, this is getting better and better. Todd is bringing in several of his Boss team members to the event along with their cars! You really don't want to miss this opportunity to get your car out and use it for its intended purpose. The full details are up on the website and registration is open! The weekend is jam-packed with events and fun. There's going to be everything from parade laps on the track, to an autocross, track school, open tracking sessions and even good old fashioned heads up drag racing ;D I've attached the event registration form below, but you can go here and get the full details:

http://www.racemph.com/Ford-Mustang-Roundup-2011.htm

I would encourage everyone to get signed up as soon as possible to lock in your spot. It's going to be a great opportunity to meet your fellow Boss owners, Ford Boss team members and have a great time at the track!

This event is open to all Ford Mustangs and Ford GTs so spread the word!
[pdf]http://www.racemph.com/Mustang-Roundup-2011-5-25-11-PP4%20.pdf[/pdf]

5 DOT 0 said:
This is going to be a great event. I may have to attend and hang out with you guys. If you are allowed passengers I can play camera man. ;D It's my birthday the prior weekend so this would be a nice present to myself. I'll have to see when the Track Attack program is in relation to this event before I make any plans.
I'm always looking for another yahoo to play camera man ;D Just ask Perry!

TMO Supporting Vendors