The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
62A553E2-FD19-4FCD-8F7D-2C53B92C0D07.jpeg

S550 dragoon ‘21 Mach1 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

2021 Mach1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The snow storm brought 8” of heavy wet concrete snow with 1” of slush if you cleared it off before the it ended. Got up to 51* so lots of melting but our village DPW was out in force spreading salt like no tomorrow. (Yes, I know it’s a safety factor but geez, laying it down like it’s a gravel road) My old man time line now is not uncovering the mustang for like another 2 weeks or so. In the wait, I’m doing a motorcycle LEGO to pass the time.

IMG_3573.jpeg

IMG_3574.jpeg

IMG_3575.jpeg

IMG_3576.jpeg

Got the Lego Yamaha done awhile back since posting last. Pics later. Finally got my 2 front RT660 tires, short supply, they’re the “it” tire in endurance events and auto cross so I waited some till they arrived. Got them mounted & balanced last Thursday. Will get them on the car tomorrow. RA in 2 weeks and it takes me forever, car swap, trailer swap, garage change over so I gotta get a fire under my ass. Photo of carbon fiber side sill left on track by spun out car last year at autobahn. @Kona.coyote5.0 was there that day. NSX in front of me got the screw and had a flat but limped around to the paddock.

IMG_3628.jpeg

Just spent a fantastic weekend at Mid-Ohio !! @Vettel-ish was our paddock neighbor. NASA is by far the most legit organization that I encountered in my HPDE career. Excellent approach to making me ready for self improvement with drills, after track briefs and conversation with the other group drivers. Met some other members ( @steveespo ) and their bad ass cars. So many that names are hard for me to remember but their cars, not so much. Didn’t take but 2 photos all weekend but the memories, I have a million !!

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3717.jpeg

Well finally got the factory set screws removed from the factory camber plates and a proper track alignment done @Middleton Motorsports last Friday. Awesome shop with professionals who know mustangs and Shelby’s among other super cars. Jim, service director, called me like a hour after I emailed him last Tuesday. Wanted to be a “waiter” while work was being done & Jim said no problem as I live only 55 miles away And Friday was free on his schedule . Got there bright and early & greeted by Jim, Doug the pro tech, and my new service advisor Sean. Went over the car, discussed what the track alignment involves, agreed upon the limits of the factory installed stuff & went from there. Doug dialed in what he could and was happy with the outcome as so was myself and Jim. Well balanced alignment & should provide tons of fun at my next track day at Road America, fourth of July weekend. I found my new shop to take my Ford vehicles to for the professional service they deserve. MM has a great aftermarket parts department for some go fast, track proven if that’s the direction I want to go down the road !! Sponsored business of TMO, check them out !!

IMG_3761.jpeg

@Middleton Motorsports is the legit professional shop to take your mustang or Shelby, full tilt race or weekend track warrior. They love your car as much as you do. This is my personal experience and opinion, I’m an unpaid spokesman but their rates are pretty decent. Thanks Sean !!, and Doug, you treated my car like your own and especially Jim, your hospitality is second to none !! You have not seen the last of me.

The weekend at Road America went pretty well for me. Solo outing on Friday & Saturday since my paddock queen is on the IL. Parked in “my spot” as it‘s close to the front straight & turn 3 to turn 5 where you hear the on track cars really getting on it. Got there Thursday afternoon to set up and watch the heavy hitters take on RA. Friday afternoon was a washout (pun intended) as it rained like no other. Saturday was 10 of 10 day, sunny, low humidity in the morning and light breeze till the afternoon when the wind picked up.
Met some new paddock neighbors as well as the TMO regulars. Good to see @Vettel-ish , @Tonymustang302 , @honeybadger , @steveespo , @Black Boss and @saleen367 !! Heard @TMSBOSS was there but our paths did not cross? Some really cool cars of all kinds there but the mustangs/shelby’s really shown through and their owners that I met !! Happy that Mark & the crew at Northwoods Shelby Club put this event on every year !! Hope all put it on your calendar for next year.
Side bar note, the camber adjustment front and rear with toe settings along with track alignment made dragoon feel like a whole other car. Using the whole track now but accelerated too soon mid-apex and caused a push that I‘ll correct with more track time as this was my first outing with it but man, it‘s like more fun now !!

IMG_3885.jpeg

IMG_3886.jpeg

IMG_3887.jpeg

IMG_3889.jpeg

IMG_3899.jpeg

IMG_3900.jpeg

Some more pics that the phone just synced to my iPad but weren’t there a minute ago. That video from above shows how hard it rained for about 2 hours, no let down. Lightning caused RA to shut down so corner marshals could take cover. First time in 8 years of tracking cars at RA that it was ever shut down due to weather while we were there !! Last 2 photos were taken Saturday with perfect track weather !!

IMG_3894.jpeg

IMG_3897.png

IMG_3898.jpeg

IMG_3893.jpeg

IMG_3905.jpeg

IMG_3906.jpeg

Nice meeting you @ RA Mark. Hope Saturday treated you well after the Friday thunderstorm drew a black flag for lightning. I appreciate you pointing out where everyone was in the paddock, but of course I still missed a couple.

Nice meeting you @ RA Mark. Hope Saturday treated you well after the Friday thunderstorm drew a black flag for lightning. I appreciate you pointing out where everyone was in the paddock, but of course I still missed a couple.
Great meeting you and the family @saleen367
Thanks for stopping by for the chat.

The paddock queen & I are all set up to run Barber with Chin in September. We had to postpone it from last year to now as we’re pumped to finally get it on the schedule. 2 track days and made plans for 2 days of the museum. Really looking forward to getting to track the mustang at one of my bucket list tracks !!

Some more pics that the phone just synced to my iPad but weren’t there a minute ago. That video from above shows how hard it rained for about 2 hours, no let down. Lightning caused RA to shut down so corner marshals could take cover. First time in 8 years of tracking cars at RA that it was ever shut down due to weather while we were there !! Last 2 photos were taken Saturday with perfect track weather !!

View attachment 96794

View attachment 96795

View attachment 96796

View attachment 96797

View attachment 96798

View attachment 96799
Lunch!! you had some GT4's for lunch?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel