The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gen1 1965 Notchback #369 Build Thread Profile - Gen 1 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Bob, what is so funny is those vehicles we thought were so fast back when we were young would all get whipped by a bunch of 4 poppers ---including Mustang Ecoboosts.

We all are so lucky to live today with numerous vehicles able to easily run the quarter in the 12 second range and a wide range of ones that run in the 11s right out of the Dealership showrooms.

The cars we thought were fast in the 60s and 70s ran low 14s or 15s, and not the 12s we told our kids and grandkids. Sure there were the cars at the dragstrip with big slicks and tons of engine mods that got there , but we are talking street cars to street cars.

I marvel that I have not owned a car in the last 25 years that would not run in the 11s or 12s through the quarter mile. The early Muscle Car period many feel was barely over a decade, and this time around there are those who view it as a 3 decade run!

Bob, what is so funny is those vehicles we thought were so fast back when we were young would all get whipped by a bunch of 4 poppers ---including Mustang Ecoboosts.

We all are so lucky to live today with numerous vehicles able to easily run the quarter in the 12 second range and a wide range of ones that run in the 11s right out of the Dealership showrooms.

The cars we thought were fast in the 60s and 70s ran low 14s or 15s, and not the 12s we told our kids and grandkids. Sure there were the cars at the dragstrip with big slicks and tons of engine mods that got there , but we are talking street cars to street cars.

I marvel that I have not owned a car in the last 25 years that would not run in the 11s or 12s through the quarter mile. The early Muscle Car period many feel was barely over a decade, and this time around there are those who view it as a 3 decade run!
I had a 56 Chevy 2 door wagon that ran 13.9s on street tires and I thought I was Don Garlits.
20211116_133426(1).jpg20211116_133010(1).jpg20211116_133027.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors