The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Camber ware/bump steer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nova Scotia Canada
Been getting a lot of inside camber ware on my front tires. I have -2.4 in front and I’m trying to sort out of the camber ware is just from street driving with the regular camber or if it could be a bump steer issue. I have the car lowered on eibach sport lines which dad and I think could possibly be causing bump steer

My dad has the Ford p springs and hasn’t run into this issue which is why I’m wondering. He also doesn’t street drive his car as much as I do so I’m not sure if the springs are the issue.

If I went with a taller spring option could that solve the issue? could I get away with the springs I have and a bump steer kit? What else would cause this excessive wear?
EDIT
this post makes no sense and I have found the answer I am looking for…

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors