The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Corvette.jpg

Corvette LS3 Grand Sport Build Thread Profile - Non Mustang

Street legal. More road course car than daily driver.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Madison, AL (Currently in Stuttgart, Germany)
Nice GS! I should build a site for TrackCorvettes.com :) I have the domain. I just don't know if I could pull in enough Vette owners to use it with the other forums and FB groups out there.
Given my experience with 'vette clubs, I kinda think there will be low update. My spouse has a 'vette, out of about 40 people in her club a grand total of zero would take their car to the track. They actually turn a bit green about the gills just at the mention of it.
;););)

Given my experience with 'vette clubs, I kinda think there will be low update. My spouse has a 'vette, out of about 40 people in her club a grand total of zero would take their car to the track. They actually turn a bit green about the gills just at the mention of it.
;););)
:) that's what I was thinking, but I used to always see vettes at open track days and time trial events. Not sure how many make it out these days though in different regions.

:) that's what I was thinking, but I used to always see vettes at open track days and time trial events. Not sure how many make it out these days though in different regions.
Yeah, with the group I run with there were about 4 vettes that used to come out. But over the last 3 years one by one they stopped showing up. I don't think I've seen a vette out this year.
Which is good, because it's a real bummer when those vettes blow by me on the straight like I have the brakes on!!!

Just asked my wife if there's been any 'vettes out this year and she said at the last track there was at least 1 of them.

Last edited:
Nice GS! I should build a site for TrackCorvettes.com :) I have the domain. I just don't know if I could pull in enough Vette owners to use it with the other forums and FB groups out there.
Thanks! Before the GS, I was tracking a dedicated road course Corvette C5 for 10 years before getting into the Mustangs. Good thought on the track vette domain, etc. However, based on personal experience the "Corvette Forum - Autocrossing & Roadracing" forum is pretty active. I'll add the C5 build. It was a crazy project! I was not very popular when I used to show up at SCMC events at VIR in my Corvette.... lol all in good jest.

Last edited:
Thanks! Before the GS, I was tracking a dedicated road course Corvette C5 for 10 years before getting into the Mustangs. Good thought on the track vette domain, etc. However, based on personal experience the "Corvette Forum - Autocrossing & Roadracing" forum is pretty active. I'll add the C5 build. It was a crazy project! I was not very popular when I used to show up at SCMC events at VIR in my Corvette.... lol all in good jest.
A well driven Vette is a formidable opponent, for sure. I'd really like to take my wife's C8 out to the track but she refuses it completely. Which in my experience is a typical vette owner response to track work.

I was trying to get my hands on a used C7 GS w/ M7 for a while but prices just didn't make sense. Great cars.

I was trying to get my hands on a used C7 GS w/ M7 for a while but prices just didn't make sense. Great cars.
The Grand Sport is a solid choice - great balance of performance and price. Keep watching the market, just a matter of time.

The Grand Sport is a solid choice - great balance of performance and price. Keep watching the market, just a matter of time.
For another $10K over what the market wanted for used C7 Grand Sports, I ended up buying a C8 instead :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel