The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Daytona 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the V6L
That's changing the distance between the rear axle and the wing, which does change the leverage of the wing's downforce on the rear tire contact patch.

I'll admit I don't know the details; my assumption is that the position of the rear wing (relative to the body, which also means rear axle) is dictated by the rules, and does not change if the wing uprights are vertical vs. cantilevered. So the distance from the rear wing to the rear axle does not change in this case.
Just imagine all the downforce you'd get if you ran a wing mount arm from the front bumper up over the roof! It'd be awesome!

TMO Supporting Vendors