The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Sebring Track Photo.jpg

S550 Ecoboost "Sally" Dual Street/Track Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

2017 Lightning Blue Ecoboost Premium w/over-the-top silver stripes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How did you install the ZLI tow points?
I go them back in 2017 when I learned tow points were required for me to track on Texas World Speedway. I followed the instructions and did it the old fashioned way. It required removing the front bumper and drilling into the frame rail (there is no predrilled hole in the frame rail). It was tough work because the frame steel is so hard. I burned up a couple of carbide bits and did a lot of cussing. The rear was even more difficult to drill the hole because it was really hard to get a straight angle on the drill behind the rear bumper. The project was no fun at all to do. I wonder if they've come up with a better way to do it lately.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel