The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
IMG_8980.jpeg

S197 Grabber Blue Boss Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

Mildly modified Boss driven on the road and occasionally on track days. 1 of 435 in Grabber Blue. 1 of 336 in Grabber Blue with Floor Mats and Car Cover and 1 of 401 in Grabber Blue with Recaros and Torsen Diff.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Installed the Ford Performance One-Piece Drive Shaft (M-4602-MGTM) and Short Shifter (M-7210-MGTB) today.

The Drive Shaft makes quite a difference in reducing flex in the drive train. Makes driving slow much tidier now :cool:. Overall a big improvement. I had to partly remove one half of the exhaust pipes to remove/install the drive shafts on my Boss, otherwise there was not enough space between the pipes. The bolts are hard to install as well. Space is very tight. Could not torque the bolts with a normal torque wrench. There is plenty of locking stuff on the bolt threads to prevent loosening. I also added the recommended Loctite Blue.

The Short Shifter is a nice to have. Shift throw is very short and feels very mechanical. Reverse is hard to engage due to a stiff spring for the reverse lock-out and the stick currently does not return automatically to the neutral plane when disengaging reverse. I hope this gets better by usage.

Longer ago I installed the Ford Performance M-5025-MBR Manual Trans Cooler Air Scoop. I find this essential for track use since I had shifting problems before when the transmission got too hot and I could not shift into higher gears on occasion. It's a crude and heavy device, but effective.

Welcome aboard and I am sure the Grabber Blue flock will soon notice your post , they are a very rabid group and always try to " Grab " other Mustang owner's attention, ha.

Great , classic color, and I know a good friend of mine will soon be commenting on how glad he is your found TMO!

I sold cars for 30+ years and I often found even those in so called expert positions underestimate the passion of some owners. Regardless of what we personally like there are some colors that owners are rabid over and Grabber Blue is one in the Mustang community. That does not mean everyone likes it, it is simply a statement that people who like the color don't actually like it they simply love it, it are enamored by it, and swear by it. I can say this even though it is not my favorite color and in fact I have never had a Grabber Blue Ford of any kind, but I have been to enough Car Shows , track events, and Forums to note that GB owners are nuts, wacko, and downright sick for their color Mustang. It helps that I have some GB friends and whereas I have liked alot of my car colors some car colors have a bit of a love/hate relationship. Grabber Blue is one of those colors in my estimation, as folks who love it , love it beyond measure. Just my personal opinion but ...........welcome and enjoy TMO!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel