The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

rear brake caliper options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track rats, I need some advice- I just found both my rear calipers leaking- one was bad, with a puddle under the car and the other was just damp. There are leaking from where the piston comes out of the caliper bore. This is a 2011 GT w/Brembos in the front, G-loc pads and 200TW tires- mostly a track car.

This is the second set of remans that have done this- they last about two summers and then start leaking.

Is there anything in between remans and new calipers? The new calipers are ~$350/ea vs ~$50 for remans, so if someone has had good luck with a particular brand of reman, please speak up.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Track rats, I need some advice- I just found both my rear calipers leaking- one was bad, with a puddle under the car and the other was just damp. There are leaking from where the piston comes out of the caliper bore. This is a 2011 GT w/Brembos in the front, G-loc pads and 200TW tires- mostly a track car.

This is the second set of remans that have done this- they last about two summers and then start leaking.

Is there anything in between remans and new calipers? The new calipers are ~$350/ea vs ~$50 for remans, so if someone has had good luck with a particular brand of reman, please speak up.
The best solution is brand new oem calipers. You can keep trying remans until you get a set that will hold up. I gave up after 3 sets and went to my Ford dealer for new gem and haven't had a problem since. The new oem calipers were actually less than the Napa Eclipse series remans at the time.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
New. I also had several failures with remanufactured calipers. Not all made it to the track before failure.

I swapped the bad calipers under warrantee, bought new from Ford and keep the remanufactured calipers in my trailed as spares.

New. I also had several failures with remanufactured calipers. Not all made it to the track before failure.

I swapped the bad calipers under warrantee, bought new from Ford and keep the remanufactured calipers in my trailed as spares.
I was afraid there would be no in between.
Who is the TMO-favored OEM supplier? Tasca? White Bear Lake? My local dealer?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I was afraid there would be no in between.
Who is the TMO-favored OEM supplier? Tasca? White Bear Lake? My local dealer?
I have used Levittown and Tasca, but watch shipping cost. I have a local Ford dealer that usually beats both of them when shipping is added in.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Caledon ON Canada
Just FYI, the OEM Ford calipers for the rear on S197 took a huge jump in price recently. Noticed it last week when scrolling through some of my inventory at work and said WTF!! to myself after seeing it (I’m a parts manager at dealer here in the Toronto area). Being a recent S197 owner again that stuck in my craw. LOL

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
New Jersey
Just FYI, the OEM Ford calipers for the rear on S197 took a huge jump in price recently. Noticed it last week when scrolling through some of my inventory at work and said WTF!! to myself after seeing it (I’m a parts manager at dealer here in the Toronto area). Being a recent S197 owner again that stuck in my craw. LOL
Yeah 330+ EACH for those lame rear calipers is crazy :(

TMO Supporting Vendors