The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 The return of Celeste Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TX
Last edited:
it's because Tony likes to cut me deep
Ever since Cota

Me: why didnt u tell me the back straight is bumpy ass hell
Kevin: bro its not that bad
Me Going down the back straight at 165mph
IMG_0861.gif

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
O and I found some pics you might not have of her James.
Tony is starkly opposed to BBS wheels. Andy consider those sold. I want to powder coat them silver like the Boss 302S BBS wheels

Keep them orange and call them Tony spec.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Chicagoland
IMG_7023.jpeg

IMG_7024.jpeg

IMG_7025.jpeg

Well, I've been quiet on here for the last couple of weeks but I think it's finally time for me to start crying to you guys instead of constantly crying to my wife lol. Celeste had an accident at Blackhawk Farms Raceway on May 19th. It was my first time at this track, second track day ever with the car. Also, first time my wife decided to come hang out at the track. I drove the car an hour and a half to the track, cruising at 80mph the whole way and enjoying my coffee.

I got to the track with @MrBD1348 and @Tonymustang302 bright and early, and we were getting our cars ready for the track day. I got my car ready in time for my run group's first session and jumped in. Did my warm up lap trying to figure out the layout of the track, and on the main straight going into the second lap something broke mechanically. I lost power, had no room to track off so tried to get off line, and was rear ended by a GT350 that couldn't see what was going on ahead of him because I had so much smoke coming from the back of the car. He hit me pretty hard and I spun out but luckily did not hit the concrete barrier on the side of the track.

When I got out of the car, there was oil all over the ground. No visible damage from looking at the engine bay and underneath the car while waiting for the tow truck, but I can only assume the engine is blown.

Had to skip my track weekend with NWSC at Autobahn, and not going to make it to Gingerman with NASA on June 14/15. My goal is to have the car fixed and running in time for Mohawk Track Experience mid august. Still waiting for the verdict on what happened to the engine, but my hope is the heads are still good and I can just order a new gen 3 short block from Ford and have that installed. Seems like it will be the simplest solution. Otherwise, maybe a used gen 1 is in order. Do not really have the desire to put a $12k built motor into the car at this point.

Last edited:
View attachment 95974

View attachment 95975

View attachment 95976

Well, I've been quiet on here for the last couple of weeks but I think it's finally time for me to start crying to you guys instead of constantly crying to my wife lol. Celeste had an accident at Blackhawk Farms Raceway on May 19th. It was my first time at this track, second track day ever with the car. Also, first time my wife decided to come hang out at the track. I drove the car an hour and a half to the track, cruising at 80mph the whole way and enjoying my coffee.

I got to the track with @MrBD1348 and @Tonymustang302 bright and early, and we were getting our cars ready for the track day. I got my car ready in time for my run group's first session and jumped in. Did my warm up lap trying to figure out the layout of the track, and on the main straight going into the second lap something broke mechanically. I lost power, had no room to track off so tried to get off line, and was rear ended by a GT350 that couldn't see what was going on ahead of him because I had so much smoke coming from the back of the car. He hit me pretty hard and I spun out but luckily did not hit the concrete barrier on the side of the track.

When I got out of the car, there was oil all over the ground. No visible damage from looking at the engine bay and underneath the car while waiting for the tow truck, but I can only assume the engine is blown.

Had to skip my track weekend with NWSC at Autobahn, and not going to make it to Gingerman with NASA on June 14/15. My goal is to have the car fixed and running in time for Mohawk Track Experience mid august. Still waiting for the verdict on what happened to the engine, but my hope is the heads are still good and I can just order a new gen 3 short block from Ford and have that installed. Seems like it will be the simplest solution. Otherwise, maybe a used gen 1 is in order. Do not really have the desire to put a $12k built motor into the car at this point.
Sorry about your experience, wish you well in repairing the engine and having it ready for Mohawk in August.

That seems like quite an impact, fortunately tou weren’t injured. I would not have thought about getting rear ended but given a smoke screen and oil slick surface it happened. Good luck with repairs.

TMO Supporting Vendors