The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Vorshlag Camber Plates On S550 GT500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I use them on mine, with the strut top opened up. Plates only give you around 3.2-3.5 at my steeda mag ride spring ride height. I did a small slot enlargement on the strut-to-knuckle hole to get to 4 degrees - this is with the factory mag ride struts.

I use them on mine, with the strut top opened up. Plates only give you around 3.2-3.5 at my steeda mag ride spring ride height. I did a small slot enlargement on the strut-to-knuckle hole to get to 4 degrees - this is with the factory mag ride struts.
Wow, you're running -4 camber up front? Heck, I thought I was big time at -3 :D

With the Nankang 325/30-20s I think I could use a little more front camber. I'm at -3.1 | -3.0 at the moment on the oem hardware. I did enlarge the strut knuckle hole to get a bit more camber.

I saw a nice improvement at 3.5, 4 looks good in pictures but has not gained any lap time.
I run 2.6-2.7 rear with the stock links, but that seems to be burning up the inner quarter of the tread faster.

I saw a nice improvement at 3.5, 4 looks good in pictures but has not gained any lap time.
I run 2.6-2.7 rear with the stock links, but that seems to be burning up the inner quarter of the tread faster.
😆 on the "looks good in pictures".

Ok, I'm going to have to chat with my alignment guy. He left me with the impression that -1.8ish was all I could get on the rear. Other than the Steeda springs it's all oem back there.

😆 on the "looks good in pictures".

Ok, I'm going to have to chat with my alignment guy. He left me with the impression that -1.8ish was all I could get on the rear. Other than the Steeda springs it's all oem back there.

I do my own alignments. I set rear @ 2.0. I don't recall being at the absolute limit in that slot, but was close.

I prefer large slots

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel