The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What is the standard routing for brake cooling hose on stock Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the correct routing for installing a brake cooling hose on the passenger side of a stock Boss?

As background I have a stock 2011 GT with the Boss lower grill assembly and Boss 4 piston front brakes. I have been getting bad brake shudder using several rounds of GLOC R-12 pads with no backing plate and at this point I suspect pad deposits due to overheating. (I am careful to not apply brakes in the paddock, etc.) As a next step I am thinking about brake cooling hoses to feed the Vorshlag air deflectors that go on the control arms. But on the passenger side, right behind the grill opening for the hose, there is the windshield washer fluid tank and an AC line to the AC condensor. Both of which I want to keep. Do people squeeze the hose between the fluid tank and the AC line? Or go around to the outside (fender side) of the washer tank? Any route seems pretty compromised.

On a related question, how necessary is it to create some means to channel air to the Vorshlag air deflectors? Obviously the more air the better but might I see some improvement without special ducting to feed air to the wheel well? This is for advanced HPDE track days, btw, not racing.

Any advice or experience is much appreciated.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel