Race Proven, Street Approved
- Exp. Type
- Time Attack
- Exp. Level
- 5-10 Years
Do you enjoy making videos of cars just as much as driving them? Do you want to avoid a media career full of bland corporate interviews? Wish your work involved a steady stream of awesome cars and visits to the race track? Combine your artistic and automotive passions by joining our team.
APEX is known for going above and beyond to create informative technical articles and authoritative guides that help track enthusiasts get the most out of their cars and driving skills. Going forward, we want more of our educational content to be in video format that quickly and clearly explains things to our fans without requiring them to sift through walls of text to find what they need. Work will be a mix of artistic b-roll shoots that get people’s juices flowing, product footage that is clean and consistent, and educational talking head videos that are exciting.
You’ll be getting in on the ground floor of what will become a key department at APEX, contributing an ever increasing amount of video content to what we post. Your people skills will matter just as much as your video skills, as you’ll need to be a friendly host to the enthusiasts who are taking valuable time out of their days to stand around while you work. Typically, while you’re filming, someone else will be taking photos at the same time. They’ll need your support and coordination to maximize the limited time we have with each car. When we’re not shooting, you will be involved in post production, so you’ll need to be proficient with Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or the equivalent.
This job is local to the Bay Area and requires routine visits to our Pleasanton office for in-house work or to pick up prototypes, camera gear or the company truck. A background with automotive and product videography is preferred – someone who has been there, done that, and can help mentor others, but we are also open to amateurs who have serious talent. A fantastic portfolio, the right work ethic, and a positive attitude will go a lot further than just a long work history.
Please note that before we extend a formal offer to anyone for this full-time position, as a final assessment and real-world test of skills/character, we will hire the top candidates for a few video small shoots on a contract basis. We’re not looking for freebies -- these gigs will be executed at your hourly/daily rate so that everything is fair if things don’t work out.
As our Automotive Videographer you will:
- Create engaging video content based around our products. Content will include but not be limited to showcase reels, educational guides, update vlogs, and event coverage.
- Travel all over the Bay Area and beyond to interesting, unique locations, including race tracks, car shows and race fabrication shops.
- Ensure that our brand values are effectively communicated through videography.
- Be a courteous and professional host, making our volunteers feel comfortable, appreciated, and glad they reached out.
- During shoots, talk with vehicle owners who may or may not already be customers. You’ll need to become comfortable explaining the technical aspects of our wheels while helping promote our brand.
- Help take our website, forum threads, social media, and technical articles to the next level with crisp, stunning visuals.
- Work closely with our sales and marketing teams to deliver footage that clearly articulates the intended concepts in our guides and tech articles.
- Work with the marketing team to help create digital ads, web content, social media posts, etc..
- Upload videos to our host with the appropriate tags, titles, and descriptions so that they can be easily found by customers as well as other members of our team.
- Must be a huge car nerd and motorsports enthusiast that understands what our customers want to see.
- Clearly passionate about videography. This is more than a job to you.
- Professional/commercial videography experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study.
- Demonstrate your experience and talent through a meaningful portfolio.
- Be fluent in the fundamentals of videography: lighting, depth of field, framing, audio, etc.
- Possess the technical acumen to be able to operate, configure, set up, and fix video, audio, lighting, or other production equipment.
- Be able to produce both artistic and technical interpretations of the same concept.
- Great at being mobile and can produce consistent results in any given location with various lighting conditions.
- Be streamlined with your organizational workflow -- able to successfully manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Continuously leveling up your videography education. Always learning new things and engaging with other videographers.
- Well-versed in creating effective visuals for social media posts. You never forget the vertical.
- Must be familiar with the safe and proper procedures for lifting a car and removing/installing wheels in case you had to lend a hand.
- Editing/post production experience with Adobe Creative Suite or similar software required.
- Must be able to take concept to finished production. Experience with storyboarding and scripting prefered.
- Experience running a Youtube channel and Facebook/Instagram page preferred.
- Graphics design experience is a plus.
- Full-time position with pay DOE.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits.
- 401k with employer matching.
- Vacation and Holiday pay.
- Occasional telecommuting supported.
- Support your track addiction with reimbursements for HPDE and autocross event registration fees.
- Dedicated track car available for staff to drive at HPDE events.
- Full access to our shop with lift and tools to work on your car.
- Eligibility for the SEMA college grant and loan forgiveness program.
- Casual dress environment where T-shirts, jeans, and shorts are welcome.
- Get employee discounts and freebies on APEX products and schwag.
- Participation in company activities including karting, track days, VR sim racing, and more.
How To apply
To be considered for this position please answer the following question in your cover letter:
Besides videography/photography, what have you done that proves you are an automotive enthusiast?
Applications must be submitted via our online form found here: https://apply.workable.com/apexraceparts/j/07313DFC2D/
Do NOT contact us directly by phone or in person. All applicants must apply via the link above to be considered.
APEX is an equal opportunity employer.
Who are we?
APEX Race Parts is a close-knit team with a burning passion for anything with 4 wheels that can set a lap time on a race track. We’ve been in business since 2007 and our core competency is lightweight performance wheels. The growth of our team and the maturing of our company has opened a new chapter where we expand into every active enthusiast community that attends track days.