The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Aug

2023 Mohawk Track Experience at Gingerman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I know there are more than two of us going. Looking forward to seeing everyone next week. I think I have my misfire issue worked out and the car is about ready. Plan on driving up Sunday with a couple of friends.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
I know there are more than two of us going. Looking forward to seeing everyone next week. I think I have my misfire issue worked out and the car is about ready. Plan on driving up Sunday with a couple of friends.
I should show up sometime Monday afternoon. I still haven't found the right tire trailer, so a 305 will be my copilot. Have a safe trip, and I'll see you there.

I should show up sometime Monday afternoon. I still haven't found the right tire trailer, so a 305 will be my copilot. Have a safe trip, and I'll see you there.
I will see you guys there Tuesday. Good news is I now live within 10 miles of G’man. Bad news is the first time on track today for test n tune resulted in blown seal in rear caliper, of course the only thing I did not replace in the brake system since rear calipers were back ordered. Now I’m scrambling to hopefully get rear calipers by Monday. Either with the Mustang or without I will be there Tuesday. Safe travels

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I will see you guys there Tuesday. Good news is I now live within 10 miles of G’man. Bad news is the first time on track today for test n tune resulted in blown seal in rear caliper, of course the only thing I did not replace in the brake system since rear calipers were back ordered. Now I’m scrambling to hopefully get rear calipers by Monday. Either with the Mustang or without I will be there Tuesday. Safe travels
I think I have a couple seal kits in the garage. I will be there Sunday night if you want to stop by. That gives you Monday to rebuild it. Don't trust rebuilt calipers from the parts stores. They do not hold up. I went through 2 sets in less than 2 months before ordering new oem calipers from a local Ford dealer, unfortunately I had turned in my original calipers for the core charge. I keep seal kits on hand in case I get in a bind.

I think I have a couple seal kits in the garage. I will be there Sunday night if you want to stop by. That gives you Monday to rebuild it. Don't trust rebuilt calipers from the parts stores. They do not hold up. I went through 2 sets in less than 2 months before ordering new oem calipers from a local Ford dealer, unfortunately I had turned in my original calipers for the core charge. I keep seal kits on hand in case I get in a bind.
Thanks I will keep the rebuild kit in mind if don’t mind throwing into your tool box.
The easy button is the remans from Newparts.com but I was skeptical of the quality and recalled reading unhappy stories about those here. I asked 2 Ford dealers to get a pair but these things are nearly unobtainium. Individual parts (not pairs) are scattered around the country. So again Tim at OP Mustang came through for me. He is sending a pair of NIB OE calipers, they just cannot get to me in South Haven by Monday PM. Also I will keep the original cores to rebuild in the dead of winter.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I love South Haven and so cool you live there now. That little burg would be on my move to list if I was younger or had a butt load of money for a second home, ha.

I love South Haven and so cool you live there now. That little burg would be on my move to list if I was younger or had a butt load of money for a second home, ha.
It is beautiful here plus we have Gingerman Raceway, how could it be better. One other criteria is either be retired or a farmer. However there are only two new car dealerships.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Thanks I will keep the rebuild kit in mind if don’t mind throwing into your tool box.
The easy button is the remans from Newparts.com but I was skeptical of the quality and recalled reading unhappy stories about those here. I asked 2 Ford dealers to get a pair but these things are nearly unobtainium. Individual parts (not pairs) are scattered around the country. So again Tim at OP Mustang came through for me. He is sending a pair of NIB OE calipers, they just cannot get to me in South Haven by Monday PM. Also I will keep the original cores to rebuild in the dead of winter.
I'll throw them in the truck just in case.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
Had a great time at Gingerman with Mohawk. Good to see @Boss4Me , @Steve68Cougar , and @Kona.coyote5.0
Great to see you (and everyone else), too. After stepping up my aggressiveness a bit, it was made clear that it's time to upgrade the brake pads and get some more cooling capacity for the engine and differential.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
There were several of us there. Parked just in front and above you based on that picture. I helped instruct Monday and talked with Max out on the course.

TMO Supporting Vendors