The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

8.8 tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep-1

Epic Contributor
So I turned down some old bearing races and made some tools for installing 8.8 bearing races. I'm always concerned about getting them fully seated, and aftermarket tools don't seem to fit right, or you can't beat on the enough.
The front tool is simply a turned down race, the other has a rod installed so you can wail away at it with relative impunity. The front bearing is well within the range of most offensive weapons, it's the inner that the problem
Welds are a bit janky I was in a hurry, but they're strong.
Never up to @Fabman 's level but good enough for us crackers in the swamp.20240918_103015.jpg

So I turned down some old bearing races and made some tools for installing 8.8 bearing races. I'm always concerned about getting them fully seated, and aftermarket tools don't seem to fit right, or you can't beat on the enough.
The front tool is simply a turned down race, the other has a rod installed so you can wail away at it with relative impunity. The front bearing is well within the range of most offensive weapons, it's the inner that the problem
Welds are a bit janky I was in a hurry, but they're strong.
Never up to @Fabman 's level but good enough for us crackers in the swamp.View attachment 98596
Gettin’ it done!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel