The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Any Mixologist Onboard? Cocktail Time!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Michigan
I stumbled upon the cooking thread, but didn't see anything dedicated to cocktails, mixology, or just a damn good drink worth sharing.

Wife and I are not much for beer anymore and have gravitated toward enjoying a good mixed drink on the weekends or when out for dinner. Detroit has blossomed with some great restaurants and bars in the last few years. The art of craft cocktails has taken hold. We enjoy trying something new and often tell the bartenders that we've gotten to know to hit us with a "dealers choice". We also like to attempt a recreation of our favorites at home.

So lets try a dedicated cocktail thread, share your favorites from simple to complex, new creations to old standbys, what'cha got? Share the recipe and a photo if you like.....

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Ingredients

1 3/4 oz Woodford Reserve Bourbon

Try Ballotin Bourbon for a sweet twist!!

1/2 Cutie orange (keep skin on)

Use the other half to make another :)

2 Cherries and a splash of juice

Woodford Reserve if you can find them

12 shots of bitters

Angostura brand

1.5 oz of Simple Syrup

Rosie’s brand if you can find it

1/2 cup ice cubes

For mixing

1 Large whiskey ice cube

Round or square

1 Martini shaker

1 muddler

1:

In a martini shaker place the sliced orange

2:

Add the 2 cherries with a splash of juice

3:

Grab the bitters bottle and splash 12 shots of bitters quickly

4:

Measure out 1.5 oz of Simple Syrup and add to the mix

5:

Muddle these until they are completely smashed, releasing all the flavors

6:

Take the martini shaker and add 1/2 cup of ice cubs

7:

Measure out 1 3/4oz bourbon and add it to the mix

8:

Place cap on martini shaker and shake! 10-15 secs will do

9:

Prepare a old fashion glass with one large whiskey cube

10:

Poor martini shaker over cube, should fill to around 80% depending on glass size

11:

Garnish with a cherry and 1/4 sliced cutie on a toothpick for perfect presentation

PXL_20221227_234243321.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I am getting into Gin and Tonics. Anyone have a good recipe?
A good Gin and Tonic requires a good quality Gin and what most people mess up, a good quality tonic.
When I was “In the Business” we made a bright full flavored Gin with just a touch of Juniper. We then paired the Gin with a quality tonic like a Fever Tree Indian tonic.
It is soooo easy to ruin a good gin with tonic out of a plastic bottle. Most are low quality. If you are using a tonic poured from a plastic bottle, you might as well use a cheap gin poured from a plastic bottle. Lol.

One large shot of bright Gin
Clear ice to 1/4 full point of glass
Fill with a Quality Gin
Garnish with lime wedge
Serve with full length straw
Enjoy

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
A good Gin and Tonic requires a good quality and what most people mess up, a good quality tonic.
When I was “In the Business” we made a bright full flavored Gin with just a touch of Juniper. We then paired the Gin with a quality tonic like a Fever Tree Indian tonic.
It is soooo easy to ruin a good gin with tonic out of a plastic bottle. Most are low quality. If you are using a tonic poured from a plastic bottle, you might as well use a cheap gin poured from a plastic bottle. Lol.

Fill with a Quality Gin
Garnish with lime wedge
Enjoy
Fever tree. Thank you. Going to look for that tomorrow.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
A good Gin and Tonic requires a good quality and what most people mess up, a good quality tonic.

Fill with a Quality Gin
Garnish with lime wedge
Enjoy
I want to try James May gin. Going to order that next week

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Michigan
Yes! Keep it coming, love it!

I got into Old Tom or barrel aged gins for a while. Ransom was one of my favorites. Also really like Citadelle gin with Fever Tree tonic as others have suggested for a nice clean traditional G&T

Fever Tree tonics are really a nice step up over the stuff that’s been around forever.

When I used to go for dinner with Hon.....I'd get a Rum and coke before dinner and Hon might have some wine.........that might add $20 to the tab now-a-days!!!!!!!!!!!!.....I'll do my own mixology at home, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors