The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Bamberg - GTP - Brake Air Deflector Vanes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
While I was at Blackhawk Farms Raceway last weekend, Philip Bamberg (GTP on the other forum) came over to our paddock & discussed brake cooling and rotor temperatures . I told him I’m stock mach1 HP so it’s whatever Ford put on there. He suggested air vane plates for added cooling but the discussion ended as I was being called to grid. After that, I did the google & read about the vorshlag plates. That was an interesting read and gave me some info about cooling vanes. When Philip returned the next day, we discussed more and realized he’s the guy over on m6g that engineered a somewhat different plate than vorshlag where you didn’t need to remove the stock plastic vane, just sandwich his version on to the arm, not to worry about the “dead air” issue he said I would get after I told people I retained the stock plastic one. I purchased a set that I he had along, well cut with laser, holes where you need them and overall a fine looking product. Simple install as the mach1 has the mini backing plates so air will get to the rotor. I have the car on jack stands now & took some photos to show how they look. After this post, I’m going to put the wheels on and test drive and hopefully no interference. After track days, I clean out all the rubber marbles and gravel ( I did mention Blackhawk ) in the wheel wells so the install was like the time to do it.

IMG_4012.jpeg

IMG_4013.jpeg

IMG_4014.jpeg

IMG_4015.jpeg

IMG_4016.jpeg

Last edited:
Both products follow the ideas done on Porsches for decades and we used to take ones done by the Stuttgart boys and attach them to A-Arms on Vipers. They did not get enough air to the Viper rotors/calipers and my feeling is the stock Ford ones do not either, so kudos to Vorshlag and the " Bamberg Brake Blowers " for building a better mousetrap.

Both products follow the ideas done on Porsches for decades and we used to take ones done by the Stuttgart boys and attach them to A-Arms on Vipers. They did not get enough air to the Viper rotors/calipers and my feeling is the stock Ford ones do not either, so kudos to Vorshlag and the " Bamberg Brake Blowers " for building a better mousetrap.
A better mousetrap is better than no mousetrap at all, no ??

@dragoon great addition. I have had his brake vanes for maybe two years now and they truly work. Before, I was having issues with R12s overheating which lead to lack of confidence in the car stopping. After the install of the vanes, no more issues. I did not take temps but from driving/braking feedback it works. No issues with brake temps again

One thing to note for S550 cars - the brake cooling deflectors (or traditional hoses) do not work on the "inverted hat" brake rotors used on some models that pull cooling air from the outside rather than the inside.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel