The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S650 Booger Sugar Build Thread Profile - S650 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Marietta, GA
Finally went to my first track day at Atlanta Motorsports Park. Car was great and handled very good although still lacks mid corner feel. Hard to tell when the tires are all loaded up through the corners but thats probably due to the EPS. Also need to get better shocks as I find it to be a little bouncy on the more uneven parts of the track (mainly through turn 15 & 16). Other than that I had a great time and am looking forward for more track days.

Upcoming mods (based off of this track day):
-Better seats (prefer to not get fixed back)
-Better shocks (probably FP track shocks)
-Hankook Ventus RS4

Track day 1.jpeg

Track day 2.jpeg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You might also check out TireRack and some of the many choices they rank as it gives one some ideas on some other tires that would be quicker than the RS-4s. Go to the Falken RT660 and then drop down to Tirerack test and it will pop up a video and report on 11 different choices. This might give you more width options as well as a view of some tires that might be more dual purpose ( track and autocross ).

TMO Supporting Vendors