The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Cytrus Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
It is surprising how fast the GT 350 is and if you are thinking of gutting it, do you also plan to run it W2W? If not , keep in mind doing a Watson rollbar and some other items will add to your safety, but also keep it easy to change back to stock or at least keep it very steerable. Keep in mind once it becomes a full blown racecar the value goes down as it now appeals to only 10% of the population. Not knocking pure racing machines, as I have been playing for 42 years, but I have counseled friends about going full blown since I spent over 30+ years selling performance machines prior to retiring. Lots of folks are turning their cars into Time Trial machines without gutting the car, so just keep in mind your end result if resale is of any concern?

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors