The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Daytona 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well.. when you think you've seen it all.
Because of the tiny pit boxes the steering wheel was oriented upside down for the new driver. Bob was trying to downshift it instead of it going into 1.
Great stop,crappy exit

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I guess you don’t own a bimmer.
A balance would have made the cars oh I don’t know…..balanced. This looks like Ford was spanked for looking so strong coming out of the box.
The Boss embarrassed the M3’s when it came out. A better car at a lower price. We can’t let that happen again. Can we? (Sarcasm)

I guess you don’t own a bimmer.
A balance would have made the cars oh I don’t know…..balanced. This looks like Ford was spanked for looking so strong coming out of the box.
The Boss embarrassed the M3’s when it came out. A better car at a lower price. We can’t let that happen again. Can we? (Sarcasm)
I do not own a BMW for sure. Imsa keeps doing the same thing to ford over the years, There is a history of them killing the mustangs performance since the Grand Am days, But I'm sure you knew this. I wasn't really surprised.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
One of the Manufacturer and Racing Fabricator Company Engineers constant battle , because their task is to make the cars fast, reliable, superb handlers, and even fuel efficient, yet often race to race the Teams are making adjustments. Cat and mouse game and Daytona always sends a wrong signal in some Classes when they will not be running long races like it in the GS/GSX Classes. It seems like things go in cycles and at present the benefits seem to be leaning away from Ford, Chevy and Porsche and giving advantages to Toyota/Lexus and BMW. This means if you have an ugly car you get help, ha, ha!

TMO Supporting Vendors