The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DTC P1888 Differential Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit Failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Atlanta
Has anyone run into this issue? My axle oil temp reading is going insane and it's been bothering me since the main display I use is the gauges. I've replaced the sensor and still no luck so I'm assuming it's a short or the connector is bad but not sure how to go about diagnosing the issue.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Atlanta
bumping this as i've been tracing and dropped it off at 2 different performance shops and they are telling me there is no break in the wire but one said my diff cooler pump is not working through forscan or when manually powered. would a bad pump result in a sensor failure like this?

TMO Supporting Vendors