The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Equinsu Ocha Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The K-member is awesome. Not one single issue with the swap mounting wise. You can still use your belly pan with some modification to maintain aero. The option of lateral link mounting points and track width adjustment is the bonus. The ONLY issue I had was loosing the 3rd securing/mounting point of the Whipple IC which wasn’t a big deal and something I obviously fixed.
Being that you have a GT350, make sure there is no issue with securing your cooler brackets up front.

I’ve installed one of the BMR k-members as well on a clients car. Probably the best weight savings especially dropping the front sway bar as there is no mounts. Definitely not a road course setup.
It is a direct bolt up for sure but just be mindful of the cooler brackets. I know someone that had an issue and had to have extensions fab‘d forward of the radiator support.

I am tracking the car with the Whipple and have been for over 3 years now. For the longest time it was the diff giving me heat issues before anything else until I fixed that with a cooler. Once that was no longer an issue, cht’s would start to get high on extreme hot days but that’s not unheard of even for an NA car. What really helped was running E85 on track and that’s all I’ll use now. The tracks I go to I can never use all the power I have except maybe in main straights. It’s very much throttle control management, not that it isn’t for any of our cars, and the extra power I get from the E and it’s cooling benefits give me no heating issues for the day plus I keep in lower rpm’s because of the power. I still want to add oil and trans coolers though.

TMO Supporting Vendors