The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

exedy twin disc stage 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
troy mich
i have a exedy twin disc stage 4 clutch kit in my 17 mustang gt,roushcharged,and crank relearn won't take even after taking it to the dealer using their software.keep getting misfire codes.no codes were present before the install. suggestions?????

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
troy mich
Pull the sensor and see if its dirty/contaminated. If so, clean or replace. I have had to swap out my sensor once so far.

Welcome to the site!!!
i replaced the sensor with new ford part.still get codes.i think it's the flywheel weight or the the reluctor ring in front of the flywheel where the sensor picks up revolutions.i don't know how to verify though.i thought that's what the crank relearn was supposed to do !

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
On the 12's we had to change the reluctor ring to the CJ ring. M-12A227-CJ13

I would hate to have you replace this and find the ring was not the problem.

Who does your tuning? They may have an idea where to go next.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
troy mich
ford has a competition one and also mmr makes one.i'll go with the ford if trans comes out again i will also go with stock clutch pressure plate and flywheel and get rid of the car.this has been going on since october 2020.my patience is getting thin !!!! etc.

Exp. Type
Drag Strip
Exp. Level
20+ Years
troy mich
ford has a competition one and also mmr makes one.i'll go with the ford if trans comes out again i will also go with stock clutch pressure plate and flywheel and get rid of the car.this has been going on since october 2020.my patience is getting thin !!!! etc.
Damn, Sorry man.
I had an issue after swapping a clutch. Relearn was done with a dealership laptop. It lasted a few hundred miles and dumped. Second relearn worked. That happened in 2015, good since then.
it's back at suburban ford in sterling heights,they did relearn and cel light and misfire codes came back after about 40miles.

TMO Supporting Vendors