The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Sep

Fast Fords & Mustang Roundup XIII Motorsport Park Hastings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Kazar,
The technique is to borrow someone else's chair, rock with a metronome type cadence and moan a little to demonstrate your age. The moaning is the hardest technique to master as it needs to seem genuine enough that when the owner comes back he feels sympathetic and will not ask you to get out of his chair.

I will have an article in AARP magazine next month on how to take advantages of other free items by simply appearing impaired and fooling young whippersnappers into feeling sorry for you. Works pretty damn good and you know you have perfected the techniques when they start bringing you free beers instead of asking you to go get beer like often happened when you were young.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
...........dang, I don't care who you are that is funny! You got me Tracy, but I still have not released those other pictures I have of you , ha!
What other pictures?? All photo shop….I swear. Lol.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Great idea Dave_W, because in my previous life we ( Woodhouse Dodge ) were the top Dealer in the US for MCS suspensions for Vipers so I can get a deal. Only problem would be if you think I could get going too fast that it could affect lateral load and I might need a sway bar so I don't fall over. That could be a question for Fabman, but let's check it out next year and have you and him show up for the event!

Last edited:

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Good question on balancing the rock & roll stiffness. ;)

You might need to use a shaker rig to dial things in.
1695228693938.png

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the fish and remember to tip your servers.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Does that have a cane seat, my old bony butt prefers those crosshatched weavings for comfort and keeping me in place.

I will tip my server and I have a feeling Bob will be popping in here soon to offer his wisdom or further meanderings of the mind.

For the rest of you put September 2024 on your calendar as we would like to break our record and get close to 70 Drivers on the course at MPH, so that we will ease over 100 participants with the Car Show!

Great idea Dave_W, because in my previous life we ( Woodhouse Dodge ) were the top Dealer in the US for MCS suspensions for Vipers so I can get a deal. Only problem would be if you think I could get going too fast that it could affect lateral load and I might need a sway bar so I don't fall over. That could be a question for Fabman, but let's check it out next year and have you and him show up for the event!
The lateral load theory looks pretty sound. I wonder if that ride would be best in a straight line. You might be like in the market for wheelie bar to keep you from tipping over backwards.

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Back to the subject.
I unloaded and did a few warm up laps On Thursday. I came to the pits with flashing red lights and an oil pressure gauge which read ZERO. The engine sounded find. That turned out being a bad gauge sender. Apparently Auto Meter wants us to mount the sensor in a place without vibration to save the sensor. Apparently screwed into the sandwich plate under the filter ain’t it. Who knew. A parts store gauge and a hours work had her back up again. I will relocate the sensor to the inner fender area.
The car ran well all weekend. I hear rumors that I may have done a 180 coming into the last turn during a run on Saturday. Cant Remember. :ohdamn: Went back out and set personal best and fast lap in class. Never done that before. Felt good.
I loaded and went to the hotel for a shower and some sleep before the 8 hour pull home. Sunday morning there was fluid dripping from behind the wheels on the drivers side of the trailer. The drivers rear caliper on the Boss was leaking (pissing was more like it) again. Third time this year. Oh well, put it on the lift when I get home. Main seal in the caliper was shot. Enough with parts store rebuild. My Ford parts guy has a set of new, not rebuilt calipers inbound.
Great time had by all.
Sorry, now back to your regularly scheduled programing. Will the “Blue bar” bolt up to Bills “New Ride”? 😄

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Rode with Tracy for a lap to see if I could give him a few pointers and boy has he gotten fast! He is at the stage where those that enjoy running various road courses find improvements come only in small increments. I told him about a few places he could fine tune things because he will run in " Advanced Groups " at most tracks in the US. He will get even faster, and I was suitably impressed with the Garmin Catalyst and his set-up allowing the info to be heard in his helmet instead of through the radio. Jay Dee Krull was there running and as an employee with Garmin he showed Tracy and others some new updates. Pretty cool stuff, and it was easy to see why Tracy makes it to the track when he can, he is one Fastrackraticus!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Auckland, New Zealand
Tony

yep

not all the cars here are mustangs.

View attachment 89850
Awesome GTs! There is one for sale down here in New Zealand at the moment for close to $2m NZD (around $1.2m USD).

On a related note I'm setting a goal to attend this event, looks like a ton of fun! Maybe 2025 and ship my car over to use on a temporary importation license.

TMO Supporting Vendors