The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front subframe braces, are they necessary?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've been searching here, and over at M6G and I can't find an actual discussion on this yet.

Are the front subframe braces like the Steeda G-Trac or the BMR CB006 actually needed? Is the rear of the front subframe deflecting inward under braking or hard cornering? I'm trying to understand if deflection near the rear of the front subframe is actually a problem or not. Reports from people who installed them, some say it makes a huge difference, some say it doesn't make a difference at all. My gut tells me this is a trinket and that it doesn't do anything, especially on street tires, but I'm asking here since more people here are on slicks.

I'm looking for a real legit discussion on front subframe deflection.

Never ran one in IMSA or PWC, the cars were stitch welded, which adds some strentgh, but I don't think they are necessary, The old SN95s and Foxbodies were flexi flyers, the S197 and S550s are pretty stout as is

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel