The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Good afternoon Mosport 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'll be out there for the event, will try to look you up for a quick press of the flesh. Not sure if we'll have access to that part of the paddock though.

So far the weather has been shite, hope it clears up, the race car display at the community center scheduled for last night was called off due to downpours. But so far the weekend forecast looks not bad, only 30% chance of showers on Saturday and that's it.

And why is it that the Mustangs usually get screwed on BOP? This has been a problem for quite a while with IMSA. Not enough grease being applied to the right palms? The world wonders.

I still remember the World Challenge Mid-Ohio race where the intake restrictor for BoP was choking the air flow on the Boss so much the engine couldn't deal with it, and multiple engines blew up during practice. On race day, all the Boss drivers boycotted the race - they did the formation lap, then came into pit lane instead of taking the green flag.

I'm sorry I couldn't spend much time with you guys, the schedule is nuts.
The schedule sure is packed, but this event is definitely drawing a crowd. I haven't seen crowds like that at Mosport in a long time. And that was just the P/Q day, race days are going to be nuts. That is a very good sign for racing up here, very good to see.

That was a cluster.. red flag etc.
Quallied around 15 or something so we'll have to Dodge crap and hope we don't go a lap down early.
GSX about to start, I expect the Maclaren to check out.

How the hell did they wreck under yellow????
The field was catching up to the pace car and the guy Walled it, they had to cut him out. Under yellow everyone let's their guard down. Look at Last race some guy was warming the tires and took out the Alfa.

OK, here we go, about 30 minutes away from start of GS.
Crappy starting position so maybe we can pull a rabbit out of somewhere.

Finished P11.. ehh
The car still has the fenders on it and we drove it onto the trailer. More importantly we finally got the front tires to go a stint without delaminating.

If you watch the race one of the camera dudes stuck his camera right in the face of the front tire changer, totally screwing him up.

I hope someone on the team ripped the camera guy a new one. That's totally unacceptable. I used to do a little videographer work for community cable shows, and even at that level it was a point of pride to be able to get a good shot without disturbing the subjects. In a situation like yours, the shooter's #1 responsibiiity is to keep out of the way; getting the shot is #2.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel