The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Good afternoon Mosport 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

@blacksheep-1 - I'm thinking Dean Martin should send an email to the IMSA media relations folks (contacts below), laying out what happened and (politely) pushing for IMSA to raise the issue with the TV crew. I don't know if there's a dedicated team from NBC for all the IMSA races, or if they hire local production crew (especially for a race north of the border). If it's a local crew, I'd think NBC is still responsible for them since they have the television contract from IMSA. NBC likely won't listen to Dean, but they will listen to IMSA.

The email to IMSA could be something like this (notice it puts the onus on IMSA to fix the problem) -
During a pit stop on lap ___ at the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge race on 7/13/2024 at CTMP, a cameraman for the television production crew got in the way of the tire changer for Kohr Racing car #59. The interference by the cameraman likely cost the tire changer _._ seconds during the pit stop. Car #59 finished 0.633 seconds behind the tenth-place car in that race. It is reasonable to think that the interference by the cameraman may have cost the car, drivers, and team a top-10 finish in the race. Kohr Racing would like to know how the IMSA media relations team will work with the television production crews to prevent a situation like this from happening in the future.

From the CTMP media packet -

1720984062564.png

@blacksheep-1 - I'm thinking Dean Martin should send an email to the IMSA media relations folks (contacts below), laying out what happened and (politely) pushing for IMSA to raise the issue with the TV crew. I don't know if there's a dedicated team from NBC for all the IMSA races, or if they hire local production crew (especially for a race north of the border). If it's a local crew, I'd think NBC is still responsible for them since they have the television contract from IMSA. NBC likely won't listen to Dean, but they will listen to IMSA.

The email to IMSA could be something like this (notice it puts the onus on IMSA to fix the problem) -
During a pit stop on lap ___ at the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge race on 7/13/2024 at CTMP, a cameraman for the television production crew got in the way of the tire changer for Kohr Racing car #59. The interference by the cameraman likely cost the tire changer _._ seconds during the pit stop. Car #59 finished 0.633 seconds behind the tenth-place car in that race. It is reasonable to think that the interference by the cameraman may have cost the car, drivers, and team a top-10 finish in the race. Kohr Racing would like to know how the IMSA media relations team will work with the television production crews to prevent a situation like this from happening in the future.

From the CTMP media packet -

View attachment 96995
Thanks, because the car had to be completely filled, it just threw everyone off their game and someone else had to dump the air jacks ( usually the front tire changer does it) so it got handled, it was more of a hiccup, but there was actual contact between the FTC and NBC..

But even a hiccup can cost you sixth tenths of a second.

Did the cameraman at least apologize after the contact? If so, then he knows he did something wrong and took responsibility for it, and I'd say all is good.

But even a hiccup can cost you sixth tenths of a second.

Did the cameraman at least apologize after the contact? If so, then he knows he did something wrong and took responsibility for it, and I'd say all is good.
Not sure, very bz at the time.

Ran 5th in the Vzp sprint race, the Maclaren finished p2

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel