The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 North American Track Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmcguirk

Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region Director
Was told this weekend at Laguna Seca that there will be a 2016 Track Tour.

They want to hit all the major tracks in the US

Awesome pics! This even gets me more excited... still awaiting delivery of my '15 AG with Track pkg. C'mon FP.... start shipping 'em out! ;)

VooDooBOSS said:
Hey sorry I missed you, we kept zigging and zagging. I'm pretty sure they are going to announce GT350 Track Attack! I'm also hoping for rev matching but it might be too late for that.

in a discussion I had a very nice gent from MMP a few weeks ago, I was lead to believe that there will be a track attack.

MA
ufnavy06 said:
Side notes: no hot laps for me. But I did meet Aaron Shelby, Carroll's grandson and spoke with him a bit. I also sat in the red R and was able to pass some info to one of the employees working the display. He said something of interest: They have an announcement he couldn't talk about there in regards to the Track Tour.

Also, I spoke with Jim Rinehart, one of the instructors from MMP. Said to expect a very positive announcement tomorrow IRT MMP and the Ford Racing school. ;D

I hope you are right. If this article is true, what a shame.

https://kutv.com/news/local/sources-chinese-company-to-buy-miller-motorsports-park

MA
Sounds like good news from Utah!

IgniteMedia.tv
14m14 minutes ago
IgniteMedia.tv ‏@IgniteMediatv
@roadracingworld it stays open!! Oval track, drag strip, off-road courses will be built. International improvements for international racing

fuhrius said:
1 week. I'm eager.

Why? "It's four slow laps on the track for crying out loud." Sorry, I couldn't help it. ;D
Seriously though. I think it's going to be a very fun experience for all the folks that were lucky enough to get in.

Polaristxguy said:
Are we still planning to try and grab dinner Thursday night?
I scrapped that plan due to uncertainty of when I'd arrive. Where are you staying? Grant and I are both staying in Salinas and were planning on grabbing dinner there. Anyone is welcome to join us.

VooDooBOSS said:
I scrapped that plan due to uncertainty of when I'd arrive. Where are you staying? Grant and I are both staying in Salinas and were planning on grabbing dinner there. You're welcome to join us.

Sounds good, I'm at the Marriott you recommended. I'll pm you my cell just give me a call.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
VooDooBOSS said:
Now that we know a new DVD is out I'm sure we'll get a copy of it along with the brochure and probably a poster. The more SWAG the better. ;D

I think driving the car is enough swag... JS.

ufnavy06 said:
I think driving the car is enough swag... JS.

my plan kinda fits my personality (quite introverted)...I'm diving down the morning of and will have my mountain bike packed into the back of my Boss. After the track tour, I'll ride one of my favorite LS / Ford Ord rides, then pack my bike back up, head up Hwy1 and stop at the Whole Enchilada in Moss Landing for some of their amazing carnitas, or fresh salmon, then back over hwy 17 to home. If anyone's interested in connecting for some of that, let me know.

count us in for dinner - we are staying at the salinas marriott.

Question for everyone - how many of you are driving your boss up? We are at 350 miles / 700 round trip.

najay said:
count us in for dinner - we are staying at the salinas marriott.

Question for everyone - how many of you are driving your boss up? We are at 350 miles / 700 round trip.

I'm driving mine down. I'm about 70 miles north of the track.

TMO Supporting Vendors