The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 North American Track Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
Interesting how these went out......I got mine via US Post Office on Monday and registered around 6:00 pm for RA. It must have mailed out the previous Thursday or Friday. Another member posted up shortly after 6:00 pm and said it was full so it must have been one of the last available spots.

I'm really looking forward to the event. It's going to be a 16 hour round trip to drive there and back, but will be worth it. I'm heading to RA in about 10 days for NASA Time Trials in the Boss......likely the last event there in the Boss so it will be fun to have the next trip be in the GT350, even if it's someone else's 8)

Yeah Gary, I was surprised how quickly it filled up. Everybody jumped right on it. Maybe Ford will take pity on us wait listers and open up some more slots. If I go I'll prolly fly into Milwaukee late on the 9th and rent a car, fly out late on the 10th to minimize time off from work.

dabossinne said:
Yeah Gary, I was surprised how quickly it filled up. Everybody jumped right on it. Maybe Ford will take pity on us wait listers and open up some more slots. If I go I'll prolly fly into Milwaukee late on the 9th and rent a car, fly out late on the 10th to minimize time off from work.
It could be that many signed up just to lock in a spot for now, but with the 72 hour cancel policy may decide they can't make it as the date gets closer.

My invitation arrived in the mail today. Went to the website to register and got this:

"The GT350 North American Track Tour owner sessions and wait lists are full.
Check back this Fall for future events in 2016!"

Frankly, Ford, I'd rather not be invited, than be invited and then "uninvited". Wasn't cool to uninvite your prom date in high school; isn't cool now.

#negativebrandequity

Bad Pony said:
My invitation arrived in the mail today. Went to the website to register and got this:

Frankly, Ford, I'd rather not be invited, than be invited and then "uninvited". Wasn't cool to uninvite your prom date in high school; isn't cool now.
#negativebrandequity

BP,

No Boss 302 prom date needs to be ashamed of a new GT350 when they finally show up. If it weren't for our "gals", the new GT350 wouldn't even exist.

Totally agree Ford should have planned a GT350 invitation program they could shrink - rather than amputate like they've done. They could partially correct the misfire by opening up an afternoon session at each location...

Bad Pony said:

#negativebrandequity
Was it mailed from the US?

Guys ive got the invite via a letter tot he dealer, it states my name and address but no "special code" is that something you call up for ?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Bad Pony said:

#negativebrandequity

Got mine in the mail yesterday. I was out of town since Monday so no telling when it really arrived but I was looking at going to Road America in September but got the same message on the website. Not sure why I seemed to get my invite so late. (I'm in Denver, CO.) Others seemed to have gotten their invite weeks ago. Did they not send these all out at the same tyme?

mmcguirk

Team Shelby Pacific Coast Region Director
NFSBOSS said:
I'm already registered for the 28th. Drew I hope you can make and I'd send off that request now!

Rick,

it looks like we will be together in Laguna Seca. I am registered for the afternoon session

Michael

NFSBOSS said:
Was it mailed from the US?

Excellent question - but while I saved the letter (maybe to plead with my dealer with), I tossed the envelope as soon as it was opened.

I get that it's probably hard to forecast demand for something like this and I shouldn't be upset with Ford for being caught out by unexpected demand - wait, scratch that: anybody with passing familiarity with these cars and their owners should have clued in real quick that this event would be super popular. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to run out and buy a Z/28 because of this (no performance can compensate for that much ugly), but I'm still slightly ticked.

The reason why I ask is because I ship my exhaust discs to Canada and Europe on a regular basis. It typically takes longer for them to arrive in Canada than it does Europe! Not sure why the US/Canada postal hand-off takes so long.

FWIW I'd register any new vehicle you buy with the manufacturer online to make sure they have your email address.

I wish all BMO members could attend this event but for those that can't I'll be blogging live from the event. I'll start another thread for this so look for it a few days before the August 28th LS event. If any member is going to the 27th event please do the same.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
NFSBOSS said:
I wish all BMO members could attend this event but for those that can't I'll be blogging live from the event. I'll start another thread for this so look for it a few days before the August 28th LS event. If any member is going to the 27th event please do the same.

Using the periscope app would put us right in the driver's seat!

https://www.periscope.tv

image.jpg1_zps2ayvfv5l.jpg

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
WTF?! I still haven't heard anything. No email. No snail mail. I live right on top of MRLS and will be moving more than 20 hours away from the closest track if they do it next year. Ford really screwed this one up. Like big time. I think I should just crash the MRLS event.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel