The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Holy Crap Batman, Purple Crack Rubber in a 200 Treadwear Carcass ----- riddle me this, will it be legal for Autocross in 2025!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Boy am I glad I waited to buy a second set of rubber for my car as Hoosier has a 200 TWR killer coming to town! I am terrible at posting from YouTube , but go to Trackdaytire.com and see what ex-TransAm Racer has posted on the Hoosier Track Attack Pro !!! I can see now why Jeff Speer of Hoosier was tight lipped about telling me anything new from Continental or Hoosier , he just said, " Bill you might like something in the near future! " When I asked how near he just laughed and muttered, " Patience, in the future ." Which meant I was not very excited at all because the Continental Extreme Force in really large sizes were promised for months and then a full year and beyond.

Well, hell, go check out the info at Johnny Miller's trackdaytire.com or hunt for the Hoosier Track Attack Pro on " YouTube !""

I am stoked and many of you will be too, and though there are only a few sizes available , the fact that the SCCA Solo Nationals is just over makes one think there will be a large quantity of tires for 2025.

" Brilliant Move, " Hoosier and Continental , why build a Continental for Autocross and Time Trials when you can bring out a " Hoosier " made for that purpose. I know I will be viewing these in the very near future.

The press release about "driving them to the track, dominating, and then driving back" sounds promising, but makes me think of a tire that's going to have a good wear characteristics more so than the newest piece of black bubblegum to wrap our tires in for autocross purposes. Happy to be proven wrong though as I'm already dreaming of a set of 19x12's with a 325/30-19 square setup for my car.

Edit - Unfortunately it looks like Hoosier decided to produce these with a tread depth of 5/32nds instead of the 7/32nds needed to be SCCA legal for street classes including CAMC. Big Sad unless they change that or SCCA changes the rules.

Last edited:
I agree on the tread depth , it sounds like the original A052 Yokes and they found they had to go back and slap on more rubber. I kind of wonder if some of the later production will be delayed further because I have to believe they will fail getting SCCA to go with 5/32nds.

Overall another choice and let's hope for the best.

I agree on the tread depth , it sounds like the original A052 Yokes and they found they had to go back and slap on more rubber. I kind of wonder if some of the later production will be delayed further because I have to believe they will fail getting SCCA to go with 5/32nds.

Overall another choice and let's hope for the best.

I mean it seems weird for them to build this tire, knowing the 200tw regulation, and omit every SCCA class by being 1/16" too shallow.

I have been a member of SCCA for too long not to take a wait and see stance , but I agree with your rationale. There have been so many tire rules changes one has to sit back and wonder until there are more tire sizes out, imho.

I chatted with a Hoosier Exec at the SCCA Solo Nationals and he was super discreet, just told to be patient with a little gleam in his eye. I was figuring maybe some news in 2025, so this bomb being dropped really was a blast - literally and figuratively!

Ouch - Hoosier name, Hoosier prices.

I'm thinking Hoosier is probably using the same carcass at the (DOT-legal) A7/R7, but with a slightly harder tread compound and using a mold with tread pattern. The stagger in releasing sizes probably matches when they think they'll have tread molds in those sizes. Pure speculation on my part.

I think your speculation/thoughts have merit, yet one wonders if there has been some other changes since rumors of this tire have circulated for well over a year and a half. I have no problem if that is what they accomplished since we know how well the A7 and R7 work. The comments on the tread depth are the most telling , really interested to see if any group heavily endorses the tire ( i.e. SCCA, NASA, Gridlife, etc. ). It would be interesting if it pops up as a Spec Tire for some new Class SCCA or NASA might be considering.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel