The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Honey Badger GT350 Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TX
Day 1 is in the books. Spent the morning tweaking the car and learning the track (and car - only second shakedown of the car). New alignment made a HUGE difference in the handling.

Here's a quick and dirty lap that I was logging for some ECU data - still fine-tuning the engine tune and currently trying to determine the source of some fuel pressure issues (dipping down to the mid forties PSI under WOT from the regulator set at 54). Hopefully we can get it figured out and start doing some harder laps after.

Car is an absolute rocket - 159 mph down the front straight and 157 into T5 and I'm still taking it easy.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
That's a huge temp differential between water and CHT! Any idea why that is? I thought it was generally accepted that CHT was roughly 15° higher than water temp.....maybe that's only applicable to more OEM setups. 🤷‍♂️
That’s interesting, first I heard about 15* water temp offset to CHT. My understanding is CHT is the only real time sensor data displayed to the driver (including a numeric scale!). Using only the factory virtual gauges (‘14 GT), CHT max is usually 230* and moves down from there as “OilTemp” gauge moves into yellow then into red. Once oil temp is in red, back off a little and in short order I’m back into green.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
MN
Great meeting you @ Road America Kevin. An incredible build and for those that haven't met Kevin, a great dude. Please let us know if you'll be back next summer .... we all need to get pit space together.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel