The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Gt4 BoP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't see how this is going to work. Checking times on the back straight at Mid O ( I forget the section) and even allowing for the TCR cars' better run off the corners, we're were about 27th out of 30plus GS cars, which means about 8 TCR cars were faster than us down that straight. On top of that, the winning Aston Martin ran about 11 laps farther than we could run on fuel.
Hardly feels like racing.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Ford Motorsports needs to be hammering hard on this, since it often seems nothing is done until a Manufacturer screams, threatens, etc. Over the years one could see who had the power brokers among Manufacturers as those folks often got the breaks. I would expect Ford to be making a case very soon and pressure should be at the max !!

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Aston Martin must have had the Smokey Yunick fuel line. I'd buy they could be saving fuel the entire stint, but I can't buy they can save that much fuel and also run those lap times. Fuel runs are 55-60 minutes, and they do 75 minutes on a tank?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel