The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

P2127, P2122

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoping someone can help, the other day my Boss started throwing P2127 and P2122 at WOT. Figured it was the accelerator pedal, or APP sensor, so I ordered one without troubleshooting it at all.

Pedal did not fix it, so it was time to go further, I've verified no wire breaks through continuity testing (.5 ohms per wire PCM connector to APP sensor connector)

I do indeed have 5v at the pedal on both app1 and app2 (4.9994 but hey), I've simulated the pedal being pressed with a fused jumper and it doesn't respond on one of the channels.

Now I can't get the codes to clear at all, I'm thinking it's a PCM issue but I don't know a way to verify it or if you can verify it.

If anyone can help, or sees something I'm missing it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Beermomey. Do these codes require a drive cycle(s) to clear? I went through clearing issues a few months back. Tried to clear ABS other issues and needed to drive the car for self tests to complete before the codes would clear.
do you have a check engine light now! If not, drive it and see if the codes clear.

Beermomey. Do these codes require a drive cycle(s) to clear? I went through clearing issues a few months back. Tried to clear ABS other issues and needed to drive the car for self tests to complete before the codes would clear.
do you have a check engine light now! If not, drive it and see if the codes clear.

Gas pedal is inoperable, no chance of driving it until they clear.

Will crank and idle fine, no response though.

Pretty sure I found what the issue is, just have to find out how to fix it.

Supposed to have 10k ohms between APP1/APP2 signal and ground, APP2 is an open circuit. Seems I lost a ground to one circuit and not the other, which seems odd.

I'll have to hunt it down, try to look at schematics first to minimize time.

Thanks for the help, I'll update the post when I find it.

Its amazing that half of the electrical problems are on the ground side. Who Knew?? LOL
Good luck tracking down the ground fault.

Well the 2 grounds by the passenger headlight seemed to be the issue, they are the main grounds for the B connector on the PCM.

I have the ground back, codes still won't clear. Not sure if they are hard faults or what, supposedly a "professional" diagnostic tool can clear them per Ford. Have a mobile mechanic that has one stopping by tomorrow, ill hope for the best.

But everything is happy at the connector now.

TMO Supporting Vendors