The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pirelli Trafeo RS tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They are fast, right up against the super 200s. but about $100 more per tire than the other tires. Was impressed how quick they made the stock dark horse.
This is what I've been seeing. Good tires, but no major advantage other than making your pocketbook lighter.

Also important to note that the Pirelli Trofeo RS (180 treadwear) are not the comparable to the Pirelli Trofeo R (60 treadwear). It's the difference between a Cup2 and a Cup2R.

In the V6L
This is what I've been seeing. Good tires, but no major advantage other than making your pocketbook lighter.

Also important to note that the Pirelli Trofeo RS (180 treadwear) are not the comparable to the Pirelli Trofeo R (60 treadwear). It's the difference between a Cup2 and a Cup2R.
I just picked up a set of 305/30x19 Trofeo R's for this track season. I ran them a few years ago and liked them A LOT. They handle and they live through a lot more heat cycles than anything else I've driven. My experience is that they're the most expensive street-legal track tire to buy and the least expensive (per heat cycle) to use.

So the darkhorse mustangs come with these tires in 19 inch. Instead of burning up slicks we left them on one car all day to break in he car. I was really impressed, they were about 2 seconds off the Michelin slicks at Mid O. I know I'm a Goodyear guy, but I could be tempted to try theseView attachment 95788
Rob, do they come with a square set or staggered?

Darkhorse is slightly staggered the same way the GT350 and GT350R were.

• Front (305/30 R19) / Rear (315/30 R19)
Maybe the Pirellis were, but the Michelin slicks were the same, the wheels were different widths
At least I think they were, I handled about 100 tires this weekend, the wheels were different because of the brakes

Sorry. Was talking about the Dark Horse street car and other the Dark Horse R. Thought we were talking street car specifics on this thread.
No worries, the race car actually had the Pirellis on them from Watson, not sure why since it is a Michelin ( slick) series. You'd think they'd come with the Michs

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
Maybe the Pirellis were, but the Michelin slicks were the same, the wheels were different widths
At least I think they were, I handled about 100 tires this weekend, the wheels were different because of the brakes
they are 295/30/19 slicks correct ? Can you shed a light on the rear suspension please is the Rear spring divorced or coilover one ?

I just can't wait for the races to start next week so much fun to watch a Full Field of DHR cars will be amazing. The idea is very good and straight up copy of the Carrera Cup format.
Carrera Cup, let's hope not, I worked that series and the whole tire issue is a story in itself. I'm part of the reason they changed the way they collect tire data.

TMO Supporting Vendors