The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 rhino5oh's 2018 Shelby GT350 Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here are some (very poor) edits of some directions I might go:

1) keep stripes but remove the C pillar decals. This makes the decals clash less with the stripes

2) remove the stripes. I like this the most, but…the majority of the stripes are buried under Xpel PPF. I really don’t feel like removing the PPF, at least not this close to track season. Perhaps next winter

IMG_9008.jpeg

IMG_9011.jpeg

Added some GT4-style decals. Not sure how I feel about all of them yet. Seems like maybe a bit much with the stripes.

View attachment 94686

View attachment 94687
Comical. I literally just did the same but haven't posted anything yet while waiting for a photoshoot on Monday. I incorporated some additional decals on the hood and added some of the Ford Performance Decals on the rear 3/4's and revised the decals along the door to match the parts on the street car vs the GT4 race car.

Cut out all the logos on a Cricut machine and happy to share the data with you if you want to do similar logos.

20240419_104723.jpg

20240408_180727.jpg

Last edited:
Comical. I literally just did the same but haven't posted anything yet while waiting for a photoshoot on Monday. I incorporated some additional decals on the hood and added some of the Ford Performance Decals on the rear 3/4's and revised the decals along the door to match the parts on the street car vs the GT4 race car.

Cut out all the logos on a Cricut machine and happy to share the data with you if you want to do similar logos.
Too funny! Yours looks great! Good job matching some of the decal colors to the stripes. It goes together better than mine.

I considered white+blue instead of gray+blue for my decals, but I thought it would be way too 'loud' in my particular case. The white stripes are already super bright on the red. I thought it would be way too much white for my car. The more subtle matte dark gray you have looks great. And white goes good with that orange

Too funny! Yours looks great! Good job matching some of the decal colors to the stripes. It goes together better than mine.

I considered white+blue instead of gray+blue for my decals, but I thought it would be way too 'loud' in my particular case. The white stripes are already super bright on the red. I thought it would be way too much white for my car. The more subtle matte dark gray you have looks great. And white goes good with that orange
Thanks. I actually used this decal application sheet from the Tamiya model kit for the GT4 Mustang to help lay it all out.

Orange GT4.jpg

I think it looks better with your setup because those C pillar pieces were the only thing above the waist line of the car other than the white over the top stripes. That's one of the reasons I added some extra vinyl on the hood, end plates, and the rear 3/4 panels to get more "action" above the waistline.

TMO Supporting Vendors