The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Roush Extreme Axle Back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLD I need to sell my Roush A/B's. Installed last October 2012. Excellent condition. If you want a loud Mustang these will work.

I can send pics. #421127 350 plus shipping.

Hey boss949, you going a different route? I still have my Roush Extremes on my Boss but am likely going to return to my Corsa Extremes ----- love the Corsa looks, etc....I sure do like the Roush Extremes sound, however...

BossTXB said:
Hey boss949, you going a different route? I still have my Roush Extremes on my Boss but am likely going to return to my Corsa Extremes ----- love the Corsa looks, etc....I sure do like the Roush Extremes sound, however...

I am and did. sold tonight!

The reason? First of all, I love the Roush. However, when I put the Cat Deletes on, the nice bark and growl turned into outright CANNON SHOTS! It was getting ridiculous. So, for the sake of performance (cat deletes, X pipe, tune, etc. I've got to get rid of the backfires.

Put the stock A/B's on and the backfiring is gone, but I can't stand the stock sound.

Trying to decide: GT500's, Borla, Corsa, even the new BBK Varitune???

Boss949 said:
I am and did. sold tonight!

The reason? First of all, I love the Roush. However, when I put the Cat Deletes on, the nice bark and growl turned into outright CANNON SHOTS! It was getting ridiculous. So, for the sake of performance (cat deletes, X pipe, tune, etc. I've got to get rid of the backfires.

Put the stock A/B's on and the backfiring is gone, but I can't stand the stock sound.

Trying to decide: GT500's, Borla, Corsa, even the new BBK Varitune???
The Borla S sounds real nice in person. I disliked how they sounded on youtube but came across a good deal locally, installed them and fell in love. GT500 axle backs weigh 3lbs lighter than stock, Borla S 13lbs lighter than GT500 ab for a total weight loss of 16lbs per muffler! My only gripe is the rolled tips. IMO the slash cut or double angled walls look best ;) Here is a clip of my current set-up idling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3llLIDyON2I

USNjocson said:
The Borla S sounds real nice in person. I disliked how they sounded on youtube but came across a good deal locally, installed them and fell in love. GT500 axle backs weigh 3lbs lighter than stock, Borla S 13lbs lighter than GT500 ab for a total weight loss of 16lbs per muffler! My only gripe is the rolled tips. IMO the slash cut or double angled walls look best ;) Here is a clip of my current set-up idling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3llLIDyON2I

Sounds great. Just have to make sure I won't get the backfire decel. Isn't the S Type a chambered muffler?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel